Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tag split cakes

+2
wmeventservices
Jessica Musick
6 posters

Go down

Tag split cakes Empty Tag split cakes

Post by Jessica Musick Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:00 am

This could have been covered but I couldn't find anything...

I've noticed that a lot of people started with the split cakes that are just two colors half and half like the Tag ones not the multi colored split cakes. This might be silly asking but do a lot of you still use your two colored ones that are just two halves? Or have you moved on to rainbow cakes and ones that are more than two colors?

Also, what are the 2 colored ones typically used for and is there much use for them or should I just stick to buying the ones that have more than 2 colors?

Thanks Smile
Jessica Musick
Jessica Musick

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2011-03-13

Back to top Go down

Tag split cakes Empty Re: Tag split cakes

Post by wmeventservices Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:13 am

orange/yellow- tiger, fire, monster mask, tropical flowers
light blue/royal blue- dolphin, monster mask, flowers
royal blue/white- water, flowers, butterflies
light green/dark green- leaves, snake, monster mask
light brown/dark brown- teddy bear, puppy, trees, rocks
white/purple-flowers, fairy mask, butterflies
white/pink-flowers, hearts, fairy masks, butterflies

There are tons of others, these are just off the top of my head. As far as having more than two colors, it's personal preference. I find that when you have a lot of the two colors, you need a lot less if the split cakes. The major difference is that the two color ones can be used with a sponge like a rainbow cake for full faces and can also be used with a flat brush like arty cakes for cheek art. They are multi-purpose. I find myself not really using the small arty cakes as much as I use two color splits and rainbows. You can often get the arty cake effects by using the large rainbows and two color splits with a brush.
wmeventservices
wmeventservices

Number of posts : 2132
Registration date : 2009-09-03

http://www.Art-Z-Faces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AngieAnders Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:41 am

Almost all of the cakes in my kit are 2 color splits, just to conserve space. If I just need light pink, I load from one side. If I want to add a blend of darker pink to the outside of a design, I push my sponge over a bit and load the edge up with the darker pink. I have a split with blue and purple in it. I paint a blue tiger with purple around the outside, so I start by filling in the blue, and then loading blue/purple together and going around the outer edge with it.

So, there are lots of uses for splits besides one-stroke designs.
AngieAnders
AngieAnders

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.facesalive.com

Back to top Go down

Post by zenbyfire Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:47 am

i have both when working on myself or friends i use alot of multi color ones but when doing events i tend to use 2 or 3 color cakes .. i use them for masks and one stroke flowers sharks pumpkens and tons of other things.. for my cakes that have more then 3 colors i tend to use on half faces and full face designs. i do like my 9 color rainbows realy thin lines and i can get any combo of colors out our it.

zenbyfire

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by KaraMundy Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:25 pm

I am always trying to save money, so I make most of my multi-color cakes. I usually cut all my cakes into split cakes to save room and carry two rainbow cakes; normal and neon.
KaraMundy
KaraMundy

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2009-11-16

http://www.KaraMundy.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by loola Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:51 pm

Totally off topic but Kara, You avatar is the best Tiger I have ever seen, It is incredible!
loola
loola

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2011-10-11

http://www.fabulousfacesbyjemmascott.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KaraMundy Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:01 pm

Jemma, shucks! Seriously, thank you. I've worked really hard to get a tiger design that I really love. I come from a traditional painting realism background, got into face painting. I simplified everything when I started and now I'm going back to my roots in realism.
KaraMundy
KaraMundy

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2009-11-16

http://www.KaraMundy.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down