Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help....my scar/wart wax is SOOOOO gooey!

3 posters

Go down

Help....my scar/wart wax is SOOOOO gooey! Empty Help....my scar/wart wax is SOOOOO gooey!

Post by Ester K-D Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:13 pm

Hey all you wonderful pros...
I was never into 'ghoul' stuff...but decided to try to practise some 'wounds' etc. I got some "scar putty" and got a great result BUT....the stuff is SOOO sticky I couldn't roll it into the 'ball' they suggested...just kept sticking and mushing onto my fingers. Then...though I could paint on it with great results...it didn't seem to want to 'dry' it stayed very soft and as soon as anothing touched it...it would mar... Do you folks have any helpful tips??? Question

Ester K-D

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Help....my scar/wart wax is SOOOOO gooey! Empty Re: Help....my scar/wart wax is SOOOOO gooey!

Post by Noella Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:21 pm

If you use some cetaphyl (or lotion, or KY jelly) on your fingers when rolling it it won't stick - I normally scoop and smush with a palette knife - then smooth it out with cetaphyl on the surface between it and my finger. Then I put a flexible sealor (like from Kryolan) on it, then I put foundation, then I paint.....
Noella
Noella

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Help....my scar/wart wax is SOOOOO gooey! Empty Re: Help....my scar/wart wax is SOOOOO gooey!

Post by trentsketch Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:16 pm

Scar wax is sticky. That's its nature. You have to work fast and preferably in a cool place to minimize the stickiness. As soon as you finish carving it out, you have to put some kind of sealer on it so you can paint it.

trentsketch

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ester K-D Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:40 pm

DANG-NABIT....the jar didn't say anything about needing a sealer!!! AGHHHH what kind of sealer does one use? can you seal it by dusting on some regular face powder??? I thought this wax was supposed to 'dry' so it could be 'peeled' off (so it led me to believe on the instructions) - if you're doing a 'gig' you can't afford to wait forever for something to dry....suggestions?

Ester K-D

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by trentsketch Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:43 pm

I use face powder. When it sets, you can just peel it off.

trentsketch

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down