Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Wolfe black got all gooey in the pot!

5 posters

Go down

My Wolfe black got all gooey in the pot! Empty My Wolfe black got all gooey in the pot!

Post by jendez04 Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:37 am

Hey y'all,
I don't know if i'm using the right description here, but it seems that my Wolfe black has gotten all gooey and tar-looking in it's pot! All my other Wolfe colors seem fine, but the black seems so hard to work with! It has a wet tar consistency, kinda weird... I haven't had this happen with any other of my paints. I usually let my paints air dry before putting them away, so I don't know what this could be!
I just want to toss it and get a new one! Has this happened to anyone before? Which brand should I replace this one with? scratch
jendez04
jendez04

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2011-03-19

http://www.funfacesbyjennie.com

Back to top Go down

My Wolfe black got all gooey in the pot! Empty Re: My Wolfe black got all gooey in the pot!

Post by Peachymango Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:40 am

You need to let it dry out
Peachymango
Peachymango

Number of posts : 647
Registration date : 2010-02-23

Back to top Go down

My Wolfe black got all gooey in the pot! Empty Re: My Wolfe black got all gooey in the pot!

Post by SuzySparkles Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:27 am

you are using too much water... Its getting goopy and not being able to dry properly. When I went to Fabbulas one of the teachers suggested immediately cutting the center of your black cake out.... Just using the rim and some water in the middle will make the best consistency of black.
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by jendez04 Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:39 am

Thanks so much girls!!! I am going to leave the pot open for the rest of the day!
jendez04
jendez04

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2011-03-19

http://www.funfacesbyjennie.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:31 pm

It may take several days. Once it's dry, press it down with a babywipe or cloth. Then make a hole in the center & just ad a little water to it. Mix up a nice consistency with your brush in the hole & dip your paint out from there. Add water as needed(I drip it off my brush). You can have this this problem with the white too.
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilly - Formerly Punky Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:56 pm

definately sounds like a problem of too much water. Due to their high wax contents, Wolfe and DFX don't need much water at all to be really effective. Using too much water like the amount you would use with Paradise or Snazz will give you black soup. leave the lid open and let it dry out in a warm dry place and you should be just fine. I sometimes have this problem near the end of long gigs. Getting use to the water to paint ratio can be hard, but comes with practice. If you still have problems, try making a dippy pot out of your black. I have one in both black and white and I LOVE them! I never have problems with too much water in my white or black anymore!

Here's the thread on the dippy pot:
http://www.facepaintforum.com/t1516-metina-s-dippy-pot?highlight=dippy+pot
Tilly - Formerly Punky
Tilly - Formerly Punky

Number of posts : 1186
Registration date : 2010-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down