Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stamps for glitter tattoos, how to clean

4 posters

Go down

Stamps for glitter tattoos, how to clean Empty Stamps for glitter tattoos, how to clean

Post by summers4seasons Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:35 pm

I'm toying with using scrapbook stamps to apply glue for glitter tattoos. I am struggling to get the stamps clean quickly. Any suggestions?
summers4seasons
summers4seasons

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2011-07-30

Back to top Go down

Stamps for glitter tattoos, how to clean Empty Re: Stamps for glitter tattoos, how to clean

Post by artyfacesbyluz Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:42 pm

I clean them with alcohol.
artyfacesbyluz
artyfacesbyluz

Number of posts : 956
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.artyfacesbyluz.com

Back to top Go down

Stamps for glitter tattoos, how to clean Empty Re: Stamps for glitter tattoos, how to clean

Post by kimmygill Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:54 pm

You can get rubber stamp cleaners which are like a flat pad of bristles where you spray a cleaning solution in and then can scrub your stamp - i know stampin up do one as i have it for my crafting and use it a lot but i think other people do them too ! Very useful and definitely one of my most used craft tools :-)
kimmygill
kimmygill

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by summers4seasons Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:40 pm

Kimmygill I have one of those, but have you used your to clean the glue from the stamps? I was afraid it would gum up my cleaner pad.

Artyfaces, do u use papertowels, pads, cottonballs...? What method do u physically use for apply the alcohol and removing the gunk?

Thank you!!!!
summers4seasons
summers4seasons

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2011-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by kimmygill Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:13 pm

Well not exactly no .... However i do use it to get pigment ink off which is quite gunky and i can either wash it in the sink or the brushy bits come out and go in the dishwasher which i would hope would get the glue out ?
kimmygill
kimmygill

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Noella Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:36 pm

I have a small flat tray (came off of some packaging thing) that I put a bit of alcohol (about 1/8") in and sit the stamp in for a few mins, then take a bit of scrap fabric to rub it off with (paper towel and tissue shredded). It can go back into the alcohol tray if it didn't all come off.....
Noella
Noella

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by artyfacesbyluz Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:51 pm

summers4seasons wrote:Kimmygill I have one of those, but have you used your to clean the glue from the stamps? I was afraid it would gum up my cleaner pad.

Artyfaces, do u use papertowels, pads, cottonballs...? What method do u physically use for apply the alcohol and removing the gunk?

Thank you!!!!
When I am so busy I put them in water, then when I have time I rub them them with cotton balls/alcohol.
artyfacesbyluz
artyfacesbyluz

Number of posts : 956
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.artyfacesbyluz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down