Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Im standing in quicksand and sinking fast! Help!

+2
artyfacesbyluz
bdowns
6 posters

Go down

Im standing in quicksand and sinking fast!  Help! Empty Im standing in quicksand and sinking fast! Help!

Post by bdowns Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:40 am

Having a hard time... So many make it look so effortless.. I got my practice supplies (all tag paint and wolfe and la corrnell brushes) and I was so excited until I sat down to start for the very first time and realized I dont even know how to properly load the brush or sponge. Too wet... too dry.. spray or dip, wipe or dont wipe(thats the water off the brush)?? Feeling lost and discouraged.. Lines are too fat, am I using the right brush.. I know it is trial and error but I could use a little guidance.. What I really need is a TEACHER!! Im in Central FL, if anyone knows of anyone who would be willing to give me some lessons, Ill pay!
bdowns
bdowns

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Im standing in quicksand and sinking fast!  Help! Empty Re: Im standing in quicksand and sinking fast! Help!

Post by artyfacesbyluz Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:16 am

I am so happy for you, that at your first try you bought the right brushes, I have spent a lot of money in brushes until I found the right one. For the rest go to YOUTUBE there are a lot o videos that teach how to..... and this forum it is best source to learn from the best and more experience proffesionals, you just need to fill the "search" for each question and you will find pages and pages of priceless information .
artyfacesbyluz
artyfacesbyluz

Number of posts : 956
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.artyfacesbyluz.com

Back to top Go down

Im standing in quicksand and sinking fast!  Help! Empty Re: Im standing in quicksand and sinking fast! Help!

Post by nancy! Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:10 am

Indeed, read this forum. There is so much info on here. And watch youtube. Lisa Joy Young and Sillyfarm (Faba TV) and one leads you to another. There are so many people sharing their skills on the web. It is great community.
nancy!
nancy!

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Jody Rife Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:30 am

Just be patient, the more you practice, the better your techniques will be. I second the other ladies, You Tube and this forum are extremely helpful.
Jody Rife
Jody Rife

Number of posts : 1725
Registration date : 2011-02-19

http://www.jodyrife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by elantaura Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:38 am

Right take a breath - I never gone to a workshop course etc so here is my suggestion try every thing out. everyone is different you have to find what works for you. eg try a dropper for a day, try the spray the next day. try all your different brushes with both methods. watch alot of you tube. practice on your arms and legs. don't stress about ruining the paint (i did that) take the lids off to dry them out. Watch you tube. watch how they use the sponge and the brushes, read the forum and if you need to buy some books.
and remember what works for one painter dosn't always work for another. and don't beat yourself up to bad - yep its hard. and remember everyone started somewhere and they probeley wern't that fantastic. also take photo so you can watch your own progress i.e. see how you have improved. I look at things I was proud of a month ago and go what was I thinking, but am happy to see how far I've come, as opposed to how far I have to go. so experiment, read, watch and practice.
elantaura
elantaura

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://suejuddfacepaintingandbodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bdowns Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:30 am

Thank you ladies... I do watch alot of youtube... I will have to search for more specific terms and see if that will give me just some tips of the basics.. Off to study!!
bdowns
bdowns

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Mug Shots Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:32 pm

I second all of that, and would add starting with the simplest faces first. The most requested are butterfly, spiderman, dog, cat, etc. If you see a design that is difficult, find a way to simplify it until you get your speed up. Keep a thing of wax paper (or a leg handy) and practice your dots and swirls until you are happy with them. Once you have the basics down of a design, google image that same design and you will find all kinds of ways to alter it and make it yours!

This business is a lot tougher than it looks... practice, practice, practice is the key. Keep your spirits up. You will do great!
Mug Shots
Mug Shots

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2011-07-05

http://mugshotsfacepainting.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down