Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Received New Henna powder Not sure what to do???? Help Please

3 posters

Go down

Received New Henna powder Not sure what to do????  Help Please Empty Received New Henna powder Not sure what to do???? Help Please

Post by ChangingFaceDesigns Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:22 pm

There is an indian gentleman that i know that recently found out that I am am beginning my journey with henna. He had seen acouple of my first attempts. He told me that i should only use the purest henna from india and that he gets it frequently when he goes home, as his sister does henna here in the states. He has gifted me a bag of henna and has stated that i can keep getting my henna free from hims as long as i need it.

Two things that he said that kind of threw me were.......

1) He said I could use this henna for my hair. Henna for hair??? Has anyone done this??

2) He asked me if I knew how to mix it, to which I replied lemon juice and sugar right??? Well he said I was to take half of my package mix it with 1 egg lemon juice and a little water and that is should not be too runny or too thick.

Ok so is anyone else other than me thrown by the whole egg thing??????

To all of you seasoned artist could you help me out with this. I would appreciate your input.

Tamara
ChangingFaceDesigns
ChangingFaceDesigns

Number of posts : 1559
Registration date : 2010-04-20

http://www.changingfacedesigns.com

Back to top Go down

Received New Henna powder Not sure what to do????  Help Please Empty Re: Received New Henna powder Not sure what to do???? Help Please

Post by Krissiemarie Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:52 pm

with my henna powder i use strong coffee or tea to mix it, i always you the lemon and sugar to put on after to make it last longer, though thats what i was taught.
As for henna for hair, a lot of cheap hair dyes have henna in it. When i went to cosmetology school i found that out.

But I'm still learning the in's and out's of henna as well.
Krissiemarie
Krissiemarie

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2011-07-21

https://www.facebook.com/facepaintingbykristina

Back to top Go down

Received New Henna powder Not sure what to do????  Help Please Empty Re: Received New Henna powder Not sure what to do???? Help Please

Post by Amy Moon Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:20 pm

Henna for hair cannot always be used on skin as it is generally not as high a quality and as such may not stain the skin or may stain it very light.

I henna my hair all they time. Looks fabulous. In fact I should do it again sometime soon. When I mix it for my hair I mix it with red wine and orange tea.

Most likely the egg is for protein for your hair. Lots of people do egg or mayo treatments for their hair.
Amy Moon
Amy Moon

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2011-01-03

http://www.hennaluna.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down