Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick design mindset...

2 posters

Go down

Quick design mindset... Empty Quick design mindset...

Post by Jody Rife Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:17 am

I am in a rut and need my brain to reset! I have been painting at an amusement park all Summer and it has been free to all guests as a thank you from the park. I have absolutely loved it! Great people, Great fun, but here is the deal. I have been painting cool but fast designs to get as many people painted as possible for them. I simplified everything but still did my very best and was pleased with the end results but now, I go to B-day parties and other events and I have these designs stuck in my head and really have to force myself not to do the fast things but take my time.

I painted at a party yesterday and they loved it, but looking back at the pics, I see that I am lacking details and creativity a bit. The b-day girls butterfly for instance, was pretty but way to simple, looked like a 1 minute design IMHO. I feel like I need to retrain my thinking.

I think what I need to do is take a class. But since there are none around here, I am subscribing to FABA TV! Think this will be the jump start back that I need!
Jody Rife
Jody Rife

Number of posts : 1725
Registration date : 2011-02-19

http://www.jodyrife.com

Back to top Go down

Quick design mindset... Empty Re: Quick design mindset...

Post by Psalmbook Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:07 am

I understand what you mean. I've been doing party & festival face painting for the whole summer & have done very little fun creative work. I feel like my work is getting repetitive. It still WoW's people, but not me. I'm coming into Halloween & know I've got to up it for PPF & PPB appointment style work.
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down