Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WOW.........what a 13 hour day festival brings in.............

+14
rthling
Jody Rife
kat
lorrinwagner
Mehndi Masala
Nicole @ Face-a-Rama
Lynnie
Taradoodles
Mandi from Tazzie
helena
Gamezgirl
jennvangogh
Criss
vivi_o7
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

WOW.........what a 13 hour day festival brings in............. - Page 2 Empty Re: WOW.........what a 13 hour day festival brings in.............

Post by Perry Noia Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:13 pm

we each cleared about $200 over the deposit we made on the booth.... and they aren't getting another penny after today. Tear down was today until 3pm. I got a phone call at 12... how dare we not clean up our crap at that point because "everyone" else was torn down and our tent was blowing away.

not everyone else was gone, but they had taken down the fence that I had tied down to and popped down all the corners on my tent so it was a disaster trying to clean up the mess that they left me with. When I was setting up I specifically asked the event organizer if it was ok for me to tie onto the fence because it was much more secure than the weights that I had. She said no problem so I put all my weights on the one remaining corner that wasn't tied to the fence.... no mention of ok, but you'll have to be sure to tear down before x on Monday because that's when the fence will be coming down.

Luckily everything seems to be salvageable, but adding that to the crappy turnout at the fair, the fact that my husband just smashed the car, the three parties that I turned down to take this fair, the three more that I just turned down today because I'm already booked for other stuff...... I'm gonna snap if one more thing comes my way right now. I need a 'me day' .... a big bag of chips curled up on the couch with Discovery channel blaring.... and maybe a pedicure.
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

WOW.........what a 13 hour day festival brings in............. - Page 2 Empty Re: WOW.........what a 13 hour day festival brings in.............

Post by jennvangogh Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:24 pm

awww that sucks! Better make it a costco size bag of chips and upgrade to a mani pedi! Time to relax and enjoy that $200 by blowing it all on yourself... at least I would. queen
jennvangogh
jennvangogh

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2011-07-13

https://www.facebook.com/jennthefacepainter

Back to top Go down

Post by helena Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:48 pm

ah man Perry! What an awful weekend! All of it! Evil or Very Mad

I agree with Jenn...and add some soda (and maybe some malibu) to that chips day too!

Hope things look up soon

helena
helena

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2011-04-13

http://fancythatfacepainting.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChangingFaceDesigns Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:13 pm

I did a festival Sat from 12-7 and didn't start out well at all. It was a Spanish-American Festival and they had a Great!!! band much to my and the other vendors dismay. The music was so good everyne was dancing and not coming over to the vendor location. It wasn't until they took a break people came over. Still no customers tho. But luckily for us we were across from what turned out to be a very popular food vendor because his line was none stop all day. because people had to wait for a while.....of course kids got antsy and the moms sent them over to get painted while they waited on line to get their food.

YAY!!!!! for us because we painted did balloons and glitter tats non stop until 8 p.m. I did a real nice display of my body art size glitter stencils to feature them and boy did they do well. The flaming baskey ball and footbal and tribal heart and 5 star went for $10 the arm band skull and butterfly for $12 the Love, Angel, Lion head size went for $15 and the large flaming skull, dragon and hibiscus went for $20. Before dong the featur display the body size ones didn't really do that great. I have always done well with the regular size ones. I had a couple of people come back and get a second one.

Angel did well on her balloons she worked on a great sign for herself. People were asking who is Angel which made her feel really good The day turned around and ended up being crazy good.

I think I may be done with festivals for the rest of the year. I'm glad for the experience of doing them and grateful that the ones we did were successful for us, but I think I am more the private event kinda girl..lolol

Who knows???
ChangingFaceDesigns
ChangingFaceDesigns

Number of posts : 1559
Registration date : 2010-04-20

http://www.changingfacedesigns.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:32 pm

ChangingFaceDesigns - glad someone's weekend was prosperous.
Erin is exactly correct, a terrible turnout for the festival. I actually packed up my paints lastnight at 7pm. I couldn;t take the sitting around any longer. I felt horrible leaving Perry at the tent, but I was gonna go crazy.

Where do you get the large body glitter tattoo stencils from? I would love to see them.

Back to top Go down

Post by ChangingFaceDesigns Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:42 pm

I initially bought them at FABAIC 2009. I got one done on me at the glimmer booth and thought oh my gosh these are gonna go over big. Well they didn't, but that was my fault because I never featured them really. I would make mention of them at events but no takers really. I picked up a few other designs at this years FABAIC, they had a special on them.

I have my hanging display for my smaller ones... holds 80 different designs but I had nothing to display the body size ones so they remained in a plastic bag and if someone wanted to see one I would pull it out.

I created a nice display so you could see them all and it really went over well, better than I would have imagined. I think what I am going to do this time is takes some pics of finished ones and add them to the display to attract more attention. Do them in really over the top color combos so they are eye catching.
ChangingFaceDesigns
ChangingFaceDesigns

Number of posts : 1559
Registration date : 2010-04-20

http://www.changingfacedesigns.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:02 pm

Can you get them online? I have not seen larger ones. That would be so cool.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2