Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

everybodys doing it...sugar skull 1st attempt

5 posters

Go down

everybodys doing it...sugar skull 1st attempt Empty everybodys doing it...sugar skull 1st attempt

Post by Griffinblue Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:25 pm

everybodys doing it...sugar skull 1st attempt P8040011

1st time posting an image...

Anyway, as I mentioned on another thread, I have been painting for a few years, but never tried a sugar skull. My 10 yr old daughter and I browsed google images of painting, drawings, cookies and traditional mexican art, and sketched out some of our favorite "add-ons" for the skull. Her fave was a key hole(that I snuck under her nose). Anyway, I love the different interpretations, and some of the similarities of face painting artists on these! It's not perfect, and took too long(20 minutes) But we love it! She says its going to be her halloween costume!

(next time, I will line her eyes Surprised )
Griffinblue
Griffinblue

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-07-21

Back to top Go down

everybodys doing it...sugar skull 1st attempt Empty Re: everybodys doing it...sugar skull 1st attempt

Post by Griffinblue Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:26 pm

woops, just realized I have no idea which topic this just posted under! sorry!
Griffinblue
Griffinblue

Back to top Go down

everybodys doing it...sugar skull 1st attempt Empty Re: everybodys doing it...sugar skull 1st attempt

Post by Psalmbook Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:49 pm

Very nice sugar skull! I like it!
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by 1HappyNut Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:00 pm

Love it! Love the keyhole, and the little hearts on the side/flourish!
She's beautiful... a little mini-you (assuming that's you in your avatar).

Forgive me if I've asked you this before, Griffinblue, but what purple is used in your avatar? It appears to be really sparkly, feminine and I would love it in my kit.

Nice work!
1HappyNut
1HappyNut

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2011-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Griffinblue Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:09 pm

yep that me:)
The purple is actually stolen from a Sparkle Dust rainbow cake from Silly Farm, mixed with wolfe purple (that comes in their palette)and there is deep purple glitter tapped on while still wet.

I am always on the hunt for the perfect purple, shimmery, more blue than pink, NOT DULL, as most purples are. Which is why I find myself mixing colors:)
Griffinblue
Griffinblue

Back to top Go down

Post by helena Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:26 pm

Beautiful skull Smile

I found the tag pearl purple really pretty - I used it and the tag pearl pink in this butterfly - the butterfly's not so good, but the colours are nice:

everybodys doing it...sugar skull 1st attempt Canada10
helena
helena

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2011-04-13

http://fancythatfacepainting.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Griffinblue Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:01 pm

That IS a nice purple! I'll put it on my"want" list! I do not have any TAG, yet;)
Griffinblue
Griffinblue

Back to top Go down

Post by 1HappyNut Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:27 pm

@ Griffinblue: Me tooooooo!! That's exactly the type of purple I quest for: more shimmery and interesting, and kind of lilac-coloured. I saw this one from Wolfe and wondered how it turns out.

http://www.wolfefx.com/

I'll have to check out that Tag purple now!

1HappyNut
1HappyNut

Back to top Go down

Post by helena Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:55 pm

It is as shimmery and bright as it looks in the photo - very pretty colours Smile

The only thing with it (and the other tag 'pearls/metallics') is that it feels 'dry' to me when I try and use it - uses a lot of water and doesnt' spread as well/easily as the regular paints, in my experience - but that might just be me.
helena
helena

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2011-04-13

http://fancythatfacepainting.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Griffinblue Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:21 pm

That seems to be the case with metallics. But the look is worth the messing around with it!
Griffinblue
Griffinblue

Back to top Go down

Post by 1HappyNut Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:54 pm

Yes, that's how I find the sampler of Wolfe metallics as well. Especially the gold.
1HappyNut
1HappyNut

Back to top Go down

Post by Leslie Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:54 am

I especially love the colors in your sugar skull! The design is great as well!
Leslie
Leslie

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2011-05-17

http://www.snappyfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down