Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying to find help

5 posters

Go down

Trying to find help Empty Trying to find help

Post by mfaces Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:21 am

I had a partner but now she dosen't have time for face painting. I am trying to train another friend ...it's good but going slowly. She's doing glitter tattoos right now and practicing face painting. We are working a big festival this weekend, we'll see how it goes. I also want to actively pursue more festivals so I would need help.

I would like to find someone else who can already face paint. The lines are always so long. Does anyone have any ideas on how to find someone you can trust to face paint with you besides family?

Also, when you work a large fest, do you have a line manager and what do you pay that person?

mfaces

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Trying to find help Empty Re: Trying to find help

Post by Griffinblue Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:43 am

I am kinda in the same boat. My partner is about to have baby #3. I dont think she will take a lot of time off, but she also is very busy and often cannot take jobs in her "region" and i travel in order to NOT turn down business. I have no desire to replace her, as we are partners, but I often wish I had another painter to bring along if needed. However that would mean training myself some competition in a pretty small market.

Your best bet is to teach your friend a few simple designs that she can help you with at large events. Even if she can only do rainbows, and pirates, it will help get your line down. have her perfect a few designs, and pay her well, so she'll come back again!

I have a 10 yr old daughter who will work cheap as my line manager. If its corporate or a school event, I ask if they can provide a volunteer as my line manager.
Griffinblue
Griffinblue

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:18 am

Well, this forum is a place to start. Put your location on your profile, post that you are looking for a helper and you might find someone here who lives near you and is already experienced.
Sunrise
Sunrise

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2010-04-26

http://www.inyourfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Taradoodles Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:10 am

I have hired the little girl next door as aline buster for my next event! I pay her ironically what I pay her to watch my child. lol They are both so important. =0)
good luck, I havent thought about partners or anything.
Taradoodles
Taradoodles

Number of posts : 812
Registration date : 2011-04-03

http://www.taradoodles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mfaces Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:52 am

Thank you everyone, you gave me alot to think about. As far as a line manager, my 10 year old son wants to help me but I wasn't sure about it.

mfaces

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Griffinblue Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:32 pm

My 10 yr old does well. I gave her $25 last time, and she would keep the line in order, ask kids about designs and colors, and was just a great little promoter! Only a couple of times did I have to remind her that this was a paying job. Plus it was nice to have the help carrying my supplies.
Griffinblue
Griffinblue

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretchen Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:58 pm

Yeah, there is actually a category on this forum to post jobs...I just posted there for the same reason! I have only painted with my mom. It's so hard to let someone else represent you that you don't know can paint well, too! But, she turns down many gigs that are not worth the drive for me and I hate turning so many down. So, I'm kindof in the same boat too. I've never had a line manager, but think it's an awesome idea! Wish I could do that at some hourly gigs that get CRAZY! But yeah, in the case of an hourly gig, if it's super busy you could tell the client that they can either pay you extra to hire one, or they can provide a volunteer. You may want to try places where you know you'll find people who can already paint...like tapping into college or high school art or design students.
Gretchen
Gretchen

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down