Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gems where to find them

+5
Janb
MasterpieceFacePainting
leapinglizards
Tuli*
sistersarg
9 posters

Go down

Gems where to find them Empty Gems where to find them

Post by sistersarg Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:17 pm

I see lots of you using gems, where can I get them. I know about scrapbooking gems and some crafting - but I'd like a good resource esp in bulk for a big event I am doing. I don't use them and I think they would be popular at this festival. Thanks.

sistersarg

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-01-30

Back to top Go down

Gems where to find them Empty Re: Gems where to find them

Post by Tuli* Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:34 pm

Hi, u should try Michaels they have a lot of little bags with different sized gems. & they are stick ons.
Tuli*
Tuli*

Number of posts : 353
Registration date : 2011-05-24

http://www.dazzlingfaces.org

Back to top Go down

Post by leapinglizards Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:35 pm

Rhinestones Unlimited

leapinglizards

Number of posts : 1061
Registration date : 2009-10-31

http://www.livecanvasart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterpieceFacePainting Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:28 pm

eBay? I used to do nail art, and I found lots of rhinestone wheels on eBay... Smile
MasterpieceFacePainting
MasterpieceFacePainting

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2011-11-11

http://www.masterpiecefacepainting.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Janb Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:30 am

Hobby Lobby has them also.
Janb
Janb

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Anamootoo Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:56 am

I also got most of mine at Hobby Lobby. Big canister, thousands of individual acrylic stones of all shapes, sizes, and colors. They aren't stick on but I read that you really need the body adhesive anyway so...
Not sure about the stones already placed in a design. I haven't used those yet.

Anamootoo
Anamootoo

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by jennvangogh Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:17 am

I buy a bag of cheap jewels and a tube of expensive eye lash glue. glue lasts a long time jewels it doesn't really matter I just stick to the cheaper circles you find in the craft departments I have some bigger ones but they don't look as nice I have some red hearts and white hearts larger sizes and they work great for the centre of my crowns. Dollar store has cheap jewels craft stores like michaels sells them cheap when they clear them out. I heard you shouldn't use the craft scrapbook ones because the glue isn't meant for skin.... but I am almost certain a lot of people are using those... maybe they peel the gel glue off and put their own adhesive?
jennvangogh
jennvangogh

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2011-07-13

https://www.facebook.com/jennthefacepainter

Back to top Go down

Post by *redStar* Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:19 am

check out the seasonal merchandise and craft sections in the stores. I got a ton of heart jewels at the dollar store, they also carry larger packages of different sizes and shapes as their regular stock. Someone posted a picture of a big container of jewels they found at Walmart somewhere.
You can get them at craft stores but here in Canada they are quite a bit more expensive than if you get them from a dollar store or craft department of a regular store.
I have both kinds, the stick on ones and those that need to be glued to the skin with liquit latex, pros aide, eye lash glue aso. If you get ones that are stick on, make sure the glue they have on is safe to stick on the skin, if you are unsure, use liquid latex, pros aide, eye lash glue in addition. This will give you a protective layer between the skin and the adhesive that is already on the gems.
I find the quality of the gems you find in the craft sections is good to be used for regular facepainting, though if you have a more exclusive gig, or are doing something for a photoshoot, I would invest in some higher quality gems ( for example from Swarovski). You can see the difference in the shine and how they sparkle.
*redStar*
*redStar*

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2010-12-04

http://www.newskinbodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sistersarg Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:52 pm

Thanks. I have to have to do online shopping so I look around at these suggestions.

sistersarg

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkundies Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:21 pm

I get mine at Walmart.. The sewing/craft section has 'kids craft' brand. Really nice prestick. They stick really well and dont need glue
pinkundies
pinkundies

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2011-07-21

http://www.sweetcheeksfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down