Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My first display board! so proud

+26
christinafhughes
allie jones
saloner
A New Face
liviluvsart
monna
Katurah
Sneezle
TinafromNY
Walela
Orlance510
Luvs to paint
FaceMyPaint
vegas mom
Airyfairy
helena
DiamondDrea
Pilareta
Painted Dragon
maggie
Geekophile
barbb919
HappyVickery
Mandi from Tazzie
debranewmanart
Taradoodles
30 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My first display board! so proud - Page 2 Empty Re: My first display board! so proud

Post by Orlance510 Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:08 pm

I like how simple it looks and the color combinations of the placement so it shows diversity of color. Your designs are also original like the cross bones eyes ( I never saw that one)
I finely made a display board using poster board with wax paper over them to so the paint would go on easier and then i sealed them with cover sheets used for sealing signs. I forgot what its called. I do not know if the image will go through but I also was looking for critiques on this.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f80/18/26/74/40/displa11.jpg

Orlance510

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-11-23

http://amusementwithatwist.com

Back to top Go down

My first display board! so proud - Page 2 Empty Re: My first display board! so proud

Post by liviluvsart Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:12 am

Cool, now I'm a newbie. Do you use the board display for a gig?

liviluvsart

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2013-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by A New Face Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:57 am

I love to use a black display Board with those little foam faces painted for a generic or custom event. I use velcroe to swap out the faces.
A New Face
A New Face

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2012-11-05

http://anewfacenikkiwalters.wix.com/anewface

Back to top Go down

Post by saloner Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:15 pm

Helena.....I love the photos that you use to educate moms of the dangers of not using a professional painter. I use one of the photos already may I use one of these?
saloner
saloner

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2010-04-18

https://www.facebook.com/facepaintnmama1

Back to top Go down

Post by allie jones Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:30 pm

These are Fabulous! Great Job!

allie jones

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2016-06-08

Back to top Go down

My first display board! so proud - Page 2 Empty BRAND BRAND New to Facepainting

Post by christinafhughes Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:08 pm

Hey,
I am practicing with YouTube tutorials and I began to wonder how id remember all of the designs. And I had the idea to have a booklet of designs to look at while I paint them on the children. And come to find out the idea isn't original. ha. but that's GREAT. So my direct question: Is it totally professional to have a board such as those above with the face painting examples while working?

Christina

christinafhughes

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:34 pm

you've only just begun to scratch the tip of that iceberg, christina Wink if you type "display" into the forum search box above, you can read many posts about different kinds of picture boards and word boards, as well as display books/binders.

most people start out with picture displays, and some people use word boards when they get comfortable enough to do designs from memory, so they can vary them based on how much time they have, or to be creative.

jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

My first display board! so proud - Page 2 Empty BRAND BRAND New to Facepainting

Post by christinafhughes Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:48 pm

jlirie wrote:you've only just begun to scratch the tip of that iceberg, christina  Wink  if you type "display" into the forum search box above, you can read many posts about different kinds of picture boards and word boards, as well as display books/binders.

most people start out with picture displays, and some people use word boards when they get comfortable enough to do designs from memory, so they can vary them based on how much time they have, or to be creative.

thanks so much for your reply. I'm so excited. Thanks for being supportive by providing this info. lots to do! lots to do hehee.

christinafhughes

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:01 pm

Smile the one tip most people suggest is to make the designs removable from the board or display, so you can swap them for other designs, or different versions of the same design.

you can use velcro, clear plastic pockets, magnets, clips, etc.
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by martita150 Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:42 pm

I'm a new Face Painter, and just join this great group! Love your ideas for "Face" boards. I want to make one now with my designs. So excited to learn, so thank you for all your help.
Marti

martita150

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2016-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by PaisleyPeacock Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:08 pm

+++ for using the different skin color examples!

PaisleyPeacock

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2017-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Glitter Girl Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:42 am

What a great idea! Nicely executed, and great for kids.

Glitter Girl

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2017-04-10

http://www.glitteraction.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2