Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tumeric! under henna!

2 posters

Go down

Tumeric! under henna! Empty Tumeric! under henna!

Post by aussiemarie Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:44 pm

Just applied henna to a friend but before I laid down the "wild roses" design I dry brushed yellow tumeric on the skin as a golden background to the ?
aussiemarie
aussiemarie

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2010-05-12

http://www.maconfacesfacepainting.shutterfly.com

Back to top Go down

Tumeric! under henna! Empty Re: Tumeric! under henna!

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:29 am

Well... As long as they don't have an allergy to it.

Among the Side effects of turmeric that have been reported so far include gastrointestinal disturbances such as stomach upsets nausea and constipation.

Other Side effects of turmeric that have been documented include allergic reactions to turmeric. In the case of topical application of turmeric to the skin, these allergic reactions are characterized by irritation, localized swelling and the appearance of rashes on the point of contact between the skin and the turmeric, which acts as an allergen which triggers the allergy.

Other possible allergic Side effects of turmeric include full blown asthma attacks, difficulty breathing and wheezing sounds whenever breathing. This is normally the case if one is exposed to turmeric powder and develops an allergy to it. Sneezing, running nose and swollen, watery eyes may also be indicators of turmeric powder allergy.

Back to top Go down

Post by aussiemarie Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:54 pm

thanks Shannon! there were no warnings on the HEnna Website I was looking at regarding irritation or allergy to tumeric!
I am so careful with using only Snaz face paint on kids 4-5 years old...or younger too.
And since I have begun learning about making my own henna paste I desire to steer clear of any essential oil other than tea tree oil as the others folks are more sensitive to.
Glad to get feed back..
Would you mind sharing your source?
aussiemarie
aussiemarie

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2010-05-12

http://www.maconfacesfacepainting.shutterfly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:47 pm

Google... just type in tumeric allergies. I know of them but didn't have the details ... Google or Ask work for those searches.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnie Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:48 pm

I tried to "gild" with tumeric several years ago but honestly, it comes off so fast it's not worth putting it in as part of a business. Just use paint or a lot of henna artists use Temptu.
Lynnie
Lynnie

Number of posts : 733
Registration date : 2010-02-09

http://www.artful-body.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down