Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting your foot in the door?

2 posters

Go down

Getting your foot in the door? Empty Getting your foot in the door?

Post by skylark Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:23 pm

So I have searched for all the local fairs, fetes and fun days. Contacted them all and they have all but one come back to me to say that they have a face painter already. A couple of them told me who they have and I know that I can do a better job for them. I feel quite torn as I don't want to someone out of work but wonder if it is worth appraoching them about sharing the work at bigger events? It is a hard one I know but how do you get your first few gigs?
skylark
skylark

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Getting your foot in the door? Empty Re: Getting your foot in the door?

Post by TheGildedCat Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:58 pm

You're a bit behind the 8-ball, timewise. (Assuming you're in the Northern Hemisphere), Fairs and Festivals often have vendors booked months in advance. You need to start looking at fall festivals and winter/holiday bazaars, not summer ones, If you want to get a foot in the door for the coming seasons.

See if there is a local festival/fair association for your state. They'll often send you, or you can find online a list of upcoming festivals/fairs that you can plan around. Google is your best friend.

You can approach the other painters about sharing the festival, but be prepared to get "no thanks" responses...they booked it first.
TheGildedCat
TheGildedCat

Number of posts : 1577
Registration date : 2010-09-06

http://www.thegildedcat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by skylark Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:04 pm

Thanks TheGildedCat, I think that I will focus on Winter/Sping and in terms of fairs and concentrate my energy on the party bookings that I have for the summer.

I am keen to create some original designs and practice practice practice.
skylark
skylark

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down