Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have a look at what 1 week of school hols has done to me!!

+22
Skidzz
Gr8ful
facesbybelle
caro
Mandi from Tazzie
makin faces by synni
CottonKandyClown
Psalmbook
Leslie
Pilareta
Geekophile
Manabanana
helena
Fun2Play
deleted
michellesfantasyfaces
maggie
skylark
freedspirit
lorrinwagner
AUSSIE3070
Rae
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Have a look at what 1 week of school hols has done to me!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Have a look at what 1 week of school hols has done to me!!

Post by makin faces by synni Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:22 pm

thats wicked awesome!!!
makin faces by synni
makin faces by synni

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2010-03-15

http://	facebook.com/synni80

Back to top Go down

Have a look at what 1 week of school hols has done to me!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Have a look at what 1 week of school hols has done to me!!

Post by Mandi from Tazzie Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:15 am

mwahhaaaaa Rae I've just had a vision of you painted like that & me painted like my avatar pic. We could really cause some wicked fun. Twisted Evil Love that you popped your head over the fence & scared the neighbour kids. lol!
Mandi from Tazzie
Mandi from Tazzie

Number of posts : 1826
Registration date : 2010-04-03

http://www.mandifacepaintingsupplies.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by AUSSIE3070 Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:50 am

WOW! Those school holidays you guys have are aweful! I'll stick to schooling in Australia for sure!

Our longest break is over the summer from about 20th Dec to end of Jan/start of Feb . . . that's not too bad compared to what you ladies have to put up with . . . I shall never complain again!
AUSSIE3070
AUSSIE3070

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2010-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by caro Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:14 am

Hey Rae, you're version of the wolfe broithers pic rocks.

Love the fact you scared the neighbours, you and I would really get along!!

I had a go of the zombie after retuning back to tassie from sydney from the Wolfe Brothers course with their book in tow. I even tried to scare my two babies but I guess they're used to it çause they didn't even flinch.

Here's my attempt. I had just as much fun as you.

Photobucket" alt="" />
Photobucket" alt="" />
Photobucket" alt="" />
caro
caro

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by facesbybelle Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:49 am

Rae and Caro those are grotesquely fantastic affraid
facesbybelle
facesbybelle

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2011-03-20

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Faces-by-Belle/20513790

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi from Tazzie Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:56 pm

Glad to see you added your piccy's too Caro. You both rock
Mandi from Tazzie
Mandi from Tazzie

Number of posts : 1826
Registration date : 2010-04-03

http://www.mandifacepaintingsupplies.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:00 pm

Caro those pics are awesome!! great job! I shoulda got some pics with the kids! Oh oh how cool would a zombie family portrait be!!! mmmm
Rae
Rae

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2011-02-09

http://www.raesfx.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr8ful Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:57 pm

Tamara Kay wrote:Haha...it was an awesome enough design already, and then you awesome'd it up even more with those facial expressions. You're simply an explosion of awesome. Razz

Oh yeah! Ditto for sure! cheers
Gr8ful
Gr8ful

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by caro Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:14 am

Rae wrote:Caro those pics are awesome!! great job! I shoulda got some pics with the kids! Oh oh how cool would a zombie family portrait be!!! mmmm

A zombie family portrait would rock. By the way I love all the expressions on your face as a zombie, it's a total crack up.
caro
caro

Back to top Go down

Post by Skidzz Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:36 am

Ha!!!! LMAO~~~ I totally needed this post today!!!! You ladies are fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!! I particularly love the smile pic Rae! It cracks me up! And your work is amazing!!! And I cracked up that you went and freaked the neighbor kiddos out! My kind of gal!!! HEE HEE!!!

Caro- I also love the pics with the kids saying ya ok, whatever mom...lol... kind of a this is so normal for you mom, whens dinner kind of face... hee hee Laughing

I have yet to master the zombie face... I think the forehead is where I totally screw things up... well I take that back, I think its the entire face is where I totally screw things up... lol

I can't wait for school to start here either... I home schooled my kids last year, which I am glad I did cuz they got to spend alot of time with my dad before he died in december, but I am getting a ton of gray and white cuz of them..lol... 2 ADHD boys 7 and 9, and a 15 yo ODD daughter.... Let me tell you I am loosing it fast, school can't come fast enough here!!! :)lol I am so counting down the days til August 11th, then I finally get some time to myself 4 days a week!!!! WOOOOO HOOOO!!!! Sanity will be mine again (I hope... LOL)
Skidzz
Skidzz

Number of posts : 499
Registration date : 2010-07-10

http://www.facepaintingcolorado.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gingernut Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:51 am

Cool faces!!!!!

We home educate here & I think it's different as you are not used to having a break & the kids tend to amuse them selves a lot of the time rather than relying on someone else to do stuff or provide entertainment.....so it's not a sudden change when every one has to adjust. If that makes sense?
Not that I don't go out of my mind at times!!!!! Laughing
gingernut
gingernut

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:52 am

Aaawww Skidzz I'm so glad it made you laugh. Just my intention.
August 11th!! Are you gidding!? Man, I can't believe how long you guys break for over your Summer!!
Rae
Rae

Back to top Go down

Post by Daizy Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:54 am

AWEEEESOOOOME!!!

I love love love it! The wound on the forehead is just amazing, I can't take my eyes off it, it looks so real!
Daizy
Daizy

Number of posts : 860
Registration date : 2010-09-02

http://www.daizydesign.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lonnie Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:17 am

Love the zombies and the facial expressions Smile.

When school holidays is that long, how does that work when both mum and dad are working? Who takes care of the kids then?

In Denmark the kids have summer holiday for 6 or 7 weeks, depending on the school. But most kids only really have 3 weeks holiday with mum and dad, and then are at "fritidshjem" (after school care maybe) for the rest of the time. That's how it is for most kids anyway Smile. They do fun things at the "frididshjem" though, and it's still kind of a holiday for most kids, seeing as it isn't school Very Happy. Some kids are off the whole holiday, having grandparents to help or maybe mom or dad not working Smile. Hm... Does it make sense?
Lonnie
Lonnie

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2009-07-31

http://www.Lonnies-ansigtsmaling.dk

Back to top Go down

Post by AUSSIE3070 Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:44 am

great work!
AUSSIE3070
AUSSIE3070

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2010-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Skidzz Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:10 pm

School here is off from May 23 to August 11 this year... When we have holidays like summer break the parents have to find some sort of daycare... Alot of families use grandparents to watch them, others take them to programs like Boys and girls club, or the YMCA. But anyway you go its quite costly, and by the time they start school again the kids have to spend at least the first 6 weeks if not longer going back over everything they learned last year. Then they start on the new stuff.

Skidzz
Skidzz

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr8ful Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:31 am

Ours was let out on June 28 and they go back Aug 31
Gr8ful
Gr8ful

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by caro Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:14 am

My hat goes off to all the beautiful people that home school, you're all amazing.
caro
caro

Back to top Go down

Post by nancy! Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:24 pm

Rae, your painting is fabulous! Really cool how you did that. And I laughed about your faces, great mimic. Get that website out and go girl. You are such a wonderful painter, you should have several gigs by now with your talent. What are you waiting for? (Don't want to push you...)

We are in the middle of our summerholiday here. It is 6 weeks for the elementary school.

nancy!
nancy!

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:24 pm

hehehehe thanks Nancy. I have a bit of a confidence block, but i have started handing out business cards that I finally got last week. I might have my first gig in a few weeks....yet to confirm but I'm pretty sure it'll go ahead. Only problem is....she used to be a face painter a few years ago!!! but doesn't want the bother of painting the kids at her daughters party. OMG!! just adds to the stress!! never mind. I will just be happy to give it a go, even though my already shaky hand will be at risk of poking an eye out! : )
Rae
Rae

Back to top Go down

Post by Skidzz Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:07 am

Rae!!!!!! Are you kidding me!!! You haven't had your first gig yet?!?!?!?!? I totally thought you had been out painting for a while now!!!!! You are amazing!!!!! My dad would say, suck it up girl.... but I am going to say Sweetie you are incredible, and I would be completely shocked if you ended up with even one person upset at your artwork, professionism, or to be honest anything!!!! You totally owe it to yourself to get out there and start gettting some gigs going!!!!!!! Oh my goodness!!! I can see you painting at a gig, and being so excited that it went so wonderful, and seeing the thread on here with total enthusiasum that well lets just say, I am excited for you right now!!!! But you'll never get to the moon if you don't take that first step!!! Smile I know you are way more than capable you would rock it!!!!
Skidzz
Skidzz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2