Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Question (wanting to buy wholesale at A.B.A - and, per my usual, a non sequitur ramble....

Go down

A Question (wanting to buy wholesale at A.B.A - and, per my usual, a non sequitur ramble....   Empty A Question (wanting to buy wholesale at A.B.A - and, per my usual, a non sequitur ramble....

Post by kat Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:05 pm

Hi, everyone!

I don't have daily access to the computer, hence my absence of late.

As I started writing, I sort of went off topic - the question about going in together to make a purchase from Amerikan Body
Art is below

We're camping!!!
Luke has been in several summer camps this summer, and we've been camping near them!
Today was his last day at camp, so, this weekend we're moving to another lake (about 30 minutes from the lake we're on) to stay for two weeks so that he can enter a kid's Bass fishing tournament.

So... a LOT of things going on... Grandma, Luke, life, (got rid of the chickens, thank goodness... never fear, they're in a chicken pen, clucking away), still have the kittens (arrrrrgh.. ) finally through bottle feeding!!!
I've been to several festivals, and events.. I have several more to go.. I've been so fortunate!!! Four + months in!
I'm still trying to figure it all out... I need to do this, that, and the other.... but, I'm hanging in there!

I can NOT seem to get pictures.. it's only me there.... ugh! It's so hard to remember to ask permission, get them to sign the waiver, and snap a picture... Whenever I pick up a paintbrush, I suddenly get tunnel vision!

Now, we're the (as of two days ago) proud owners of Sophie - yellow, & Ellie - chocolate -- two Labrador Retrievers (six weeks old). We lost our beagle mix last winter, and have been waiting until the signs/aligned planets/etc.. have been in the right order to select another pet for Luke.
We went to the home of the dog owner and saw the chocolate lab pup. "She's the one", I told Mark. She was sprawled out, snoring away while her brother chewed on her ear. The perfect temperament for our very active son.

THEN... a pale yellow streak came from behind the tree, broadsided her brother.... chewed on HIS ear, and then fell down to the ground, toes up - so that he could chew on her feet in return. uhm.....
"She's MINE", I told Mark.

er.....

Mark politely reminded me that we were SUPPOSED to be buying a pet for Luke. .... "oh yeah", I said.
insert glum expression here

We paid for the chocolate pup, for Luke... asked if she would hold it until Friday as we are hoping to place the kittens (camping with us) in a forever home.
She agreed and off we went to our house to pick up a few things. Mark forgot something at camp and had to go back. Upon his return, he said, "Kat, go get the pupS, and we'll surprise Luke with them".
uh... hello!!!!
pupS..... THEM?
that's plural, yanno.... more than one... like, I"m going to get my PUPPY after all ....

I must have seemed rather pole-axed as he started laughing and handed me some cash and pointed toward the door. So, I went -- FAST!
I called the lady on the way and asked that she reserve the yellow pup for me, and that I would be picking the chocolate pup up as well - we'd find room for them.
She told me that there was a lady and her grandchildren on the way to look at the pups. The lady had been there after we'd left and liked the yellow pup.

I shan't tell you about how quickly I made it to her house. I will say that it took all my fortitude to not push the grey haired lady out of my way (she pulled into the driveway just as I did), trip the children as they admired the puppies running about, and snatch the yellow pup up and RUN with her!
Thankfully, the owner had taken pity on me and told the family that the yellow pup was reserved as well. I quickly handed the cash over, grabbed the puppies, signed papers and I was off to pick Luke up from day camp!

I got there, and with a flourish, I presented the chocolate pup to him. All the children were hovering around, admiring his new pup.
Luke was staring steadily at what I was holding in my arms. He said, "Mom, I prefer blondes".
(He's only eight, for goodness sake! )

but..... but..... BUT!!!!

Sometimes, I wish that he didn't enjoy idioms and sayings so much... it made it rather difficult to be petty and sull up (is "sull up" a Southern sayin'?), telling him that he can't have my pup!
I sighed heavily, defeated by his comment and stern look, and handed over my puppy of thirty minutes.
Luke is now the proud owner of Sophie, the yellow (blonde) lab, and I am the proud owner of Ellie, the chocolate lab.

So, now it's Mark, Luke, me, Callie (kitten 1), Domino (kitten 2), Sophie, Ellie, my cousin and his two girls - camping. Luckily, we have a very large 5th wheel with lots of space.

~ * ~

The Question

I have a 10 day Fair that I was invited to attend. I'm going to need several things... some things from Amerikan body Art. I was wondering if someone would wish to purchase items with me so that we can get the wholesale price?
I think someone did that last month... found it.
http://www.facepaintforum.com/t6321-halfsies-anyone?highlight=halfsies

1. Anyone wanna go in together?
2. If so, I would like to order on Monday.
3. I don't know how this would work. I will try to log on over the weekend and ask the poster(s) how they did it, if it worked out well for them, etc...
4. Since I am going to be away, if you are interested, please feel free to call me if you have any questions/etc. (contact info is on my website)
5. I'm looking to spend around $125.00 or so dollars.
6. I have a paypal account (I remember that being mentioned in the post).

I've fallen asleep twice writing this post... argh! Puppies need several potty breaks at night... laughing.. I'm sleep deprived .. and have to drive back to camp after I post this! And I thought bottle feeding kittens every two hours was bad. blink~blink

I hope this post finds everyone in good keeping!

Take care, and I'll be back!
gee, I hope that doesn't sound threatening... *L*
kat
kat

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://www.katsfacesandmore.com

Back to top Go down

A Question (wanting to buy wholesale at A.B.A - and, per my usual, a non sequitur ramble....   Empty Re: A Question (wanting to buy wholesale at A.B.A - and, per my usual, a non sequitur ramble....

Post by kat Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:42 pm

*bump*

I'm bumping this up while making my order.... though, it doesn't seem there is interest.. maybe another time. Smile
PM me if you're interested.

Have a great day!
kat
kat

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://www.katsfacesandmore.com

Back to top Go down