Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ideas for mall face painting

+2
Criss
beckyleanna
6 posters

Go down

Ideas for mall face painting Empty Ideas for mall face painting

Post by beckyleanna Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:59 pm

So I'm new to all of this still... I've been practicing full faces for my first gig which was suppose to be a birthday party. Now the first gig is at a mall. I'm imagining a lot of smaller kids but with a mixture. I'm assuming I need to do a more turn and burn style. Any ideas of what I should put up for their options. Any quick art face paint ideas?

Thanks!
Becky

beckyleanna

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-05-27

Back to top Go down

Ideas for mall face painting Empty Re: Ideas for mall face painting

Post by Criss Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:16 pm

Princess/fair is always a hit, with the brows & forehead painted and swirls down the cheeks. offer four diff designs for the centre of the forehead to create a different princess/fairy.

For example; clam shell - water fairy, diamond - regular, flower - nature fairy, fire/sun, then paint your practiced brow paint with the matching colours. You will have four completely different but the same designs.

Skeletons are always popular with the boys, they like gross stuff. Black eyes, fake stitches etc.....
Criss
Criss

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:43 pm

I understand that you want to be quick, but please keep in mind, no matter how long the line gets... no one will be impressed by your speed if it looks icky... do nice work. Very Happy Good work on landing a mall gig, btw.
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:28 pm

I paint at our local mall fairly often - I paint what I alway do which is whatever they want. Variety of ages and some "special" adults...

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherylk Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:04 am

I would love to have a mall gig! What a nice summer gig that would be! How did you go about getting it?

And I agree with the ladies above. It's best to just do what you know and do it well. I know as a parent, I would appreciate waiting a little longer for something that was done nicely. If it's crazy busy, you could do more half-face designs.

Congrats on the great gig!

Cherylk

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by beckyleanna Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:21 pm

Thanks! I would be more confident doing the ones I know I'm better at too. The small little cheak things take longer and I'm not as good at so i would rather do full faces anyway. I'll just try to promote the easier ones.

And I got the gig through gig masters. Smile

beckyleanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:46 pm

I would HIGHLY recommend getting your hands on some rainbow cakes. The really help your speed and are quite impressive. I go through the neon DFX ones like crazy.

Look at the rainbow challenge we did a couple of months back. This should give you lots of ideas. I also do a rainbow on the forehead with one swipe of the sponge, use a stipple brush for some quick clouds, glitter and done in 30 seconds.

Also, are you being paid by the mall, paid by the customers ect. If the mall is paying you and the customers are getting it "complementary," there is not as much pressure to put tons of flair. But if they customers are paying you, then you want to put as much bling into it as possible.
Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Penleric Face Painting Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:45 pm

Through the winter I get mall gigs at least 2 times a month and I've noticed that the most popular ones for girls hands down is the unicorn over the eye. Where the eye of the unicorn (or a horse) is the child's eye. They love it and it can be quite quick after a little practice. White for the body, gold or yellow for the horn and the necklace/collar, and ask them what color for the mane. Outline in black. Butterfly masks is the second most popular since it can be made unique just by changing the color or the lines a little.

A lot of boys go for either a tiger or leopard mask or a snake. Also, be armed with a quick and easy skull and crossbones! This one is getting popular even among girls in this area. Like others said before, ask the kids what they like. Even if you can't do the design they want, you can put it on a list of things to learn! Enjoy your time at the mall!
Penleric Face Painting
Penleric Face Painting

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.penlericfaceandbodypainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by beckyleanna Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:33 pm

Do you have any pictures of the unicorn one?

beckyleanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down