Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parent's Permission

5 posters

Go down

Parent's Permission Empty Parent's Permission

Post by nikisteel Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:30 pm

At what age do you paint a child's face without the parent's being there and giving their permission? I know sometimes kids stand in line without their parents but I certainly wouldn't want some parent getting angry because you painted without their permission.

I love this forum. It is a wealth of information.
Nanna Niki
nikisteel
nikisteel

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2011-06-02

Back to top Go down

Parent's Permission Empty Re: Parent's Permission

Post by AngieAnders Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:40 am

Are we talking birthday parties? If they are in line, I paint them. I usually look to a parent for confirmation on what design they chose, but if no parent is around I just go ahead with it unless it's a full face on a toddler or something like that.

If the parent doesn't approve, then they should have been watching their child. Suspect
AngieAnders
AngieAnders

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.facesalive.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Inca Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:29 am

I do the same as Angie, from my experience when the parents care, they will let you know..
there is usually an adult in the area. If I need something answered I will ask whoever is there, they usually know how to address the question or even the answer.
Inca
Inca

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2010-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:40 am

birthday parties, they all get painted... at a festival, I can't even imagine seeing a child under 12 without a parent nearby.... I would ask them where their mom is. If they gave them the money, then I presume that they have permission to spend it on whatever, but I'd be more worried about their safety than whether or not they get painted. It comes off with soap and water, what I do isn't a big deal, them being unsupervised IS.
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jayde Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:14 am

I agree. If the parents don't want their kids painted, THEY need to be proactive about making sure that objective is met. I've witnessed parents chastising a child for paying $5 of their own money for a glitter tattoo (regardless of the fact that they oohed and ahhed about it prior to discovering the cost) after letting the chap run willy nilly at a festival. I've never heard of one insisting that the painter refund the money though...somehow I'd love to be a fly on a wall for THAT conversation.

I'm ademant about not being put in the position of surrogate parent ...unless we're talking about my black ninja design...then the maternal instinct kicks in...something about painting a kids face black just gets my cringes going... Very Happy
Lady Jayde
Lady Jayde

Number of posts : 1844
Registration date : 2009-08-10

http://www.imaginastic-facepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down