Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dye release? runny? remix?

2 posters

Go down

dye release? runny? remix? Empty dye release? runny? remix?

Post by aussiemarie Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:55 pm

Hi, my first henna mixing experience is yeilding alot of questions>
1. I am using Mumtaz brand henna powder, manufactued by gajraj mehandi udyog, from rajasthan india. I used llemon juice and earl gray tea as the liquid....How do I tell if it is ready to use? How long do I wait? Does it go past a time to use?
2. My mix is runny, the design does not sit on the skin but runs and looks terrible. Can I remix by adding more henna powder to thicken it up, wait again and then use? Or do I just have to trash it and make a new batch?
thank you....
aussiemarie
aussiemarie

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2010-05-12

http://www.maconfacesfacepainting.shutterfly.com

Back to top Go down

dye release? runny? remix? Empty Re: dye release? runny? remix?

Post by Amy Moon Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:45 pm

Yes you can thicken it by adding more powder. If you already have dye release no need to wait but it may help it if you do. I find the initial consistency after mixing with water will change over time kind of like when you make certain doughs so it is best to mix on the thick side till dye release then add a touch more for your constancy.

I tell it is ready to use by the color of the top of the paste and ye old finger smear. You can also put it in a bag on top of a paper towel or put plastic over it and a paper towel like Kim mentions in another thread.

Amy Moon
Amy Moon

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2011-01-03

http://www.hennaluna.com

Back to top Go down