Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My New Website!

5 posters

Go down

My New Website! Empty My New Website!

Post by HappyVickery Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:55 pm

I'm so excited! I made a website for facepainting! I've never done a website before. . .so I'm still a little sure of what I need to include or say. . . This is just kind of a rough draft, but I'm still really excited!

Let me know what you guys think if you have a minute to take a look Smile

www.smileyfacesfacepainting.com

Thanks,

Vickery
HappyVickery
HappyVickery

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2011-05-31

http://www.smileyfacesfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

My New Website! Empty Re: My New Website!

Post by Tra Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:01 pm

very nice!!!
Tra
Tra

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2011-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyVickery Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:16 pm

Thanks Tra! BTW Totally loving the baby dragons! I think it is so cute every time I see your avatar some where Smile
HappyVickery
HappyVickery

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:39 am

Hi, congrats on building your site. I'm just trying to do one too. I'm going with weebly but finding it kinda basic and limiting which is frustrating. Not sure if to change to wix or not. Specially since I'm almost done now. Weebly is pretty easy to work with, and I like how it loads up quicker generally than wix. Have you found wix to be easy to work with?

Anyway, I LOVE your "we paint the smiles on faces" brilliant. Just wanted to say IMO I found the slide on your home page to move a bit too fast. Anyway you can maybe slow that down? Maybe get your buz name to stand out a bit more. That's all I got. Hope that's ok. Goodluck with it all.
Rae
Rae

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2011-02-09

http://www.raesfx.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyVickery Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:58 am

Thanks Rae,

I was thinking it was moving too fast too, but haven't figured out how to slow it down yet. So I totally agree, maybe I will figure out that part soon Smile I was thinking about putting the business name on each of the little flash, but havent figured out exactly where I want them.

Wix was unbelievably easy! I did all of that last night in about 3 and half hours! I love it! That was literally my first try Smile Bascially, you just pick one of the designs you like, and click on stuff to change it. I poked around on some of the other sites, but thought all the template choices looked the same with different colors. Wix just had more modern looking stuff without me having to know how to do it Smile

HappyVickery
HappyVickery

Back to top Go down

Post by Inca Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:18 am

Hi,

I am currently working on my website again, I had to change host and figured at last that i didnt really needed a host if I was using weebly.
Yes I agree that weebly is basic, but I think that it is extremely easy to work with, and it loads fast!
wix is cool, but it is flash based, as far as I understand, flash sites are ranked lower for some reason..
I upgraded weebly just the other day, (after I joined them they sent me a promo code for the pro version, it was less than $50 for two years!- much better than any other offer i got from other hosts, yes its basic and has less features but for small operation like mine i figured i did not need more)

now i agree with Rea that the slide is too fast on your home page, i would also think that putting your web address on the bottom is pointless because if you got there, you don't really need that.
also, If you have a FB page for your biz, its a good idea to link it to your website to get more traffic.

on your about page you have "contact us" as well as a separate contact us page, why wont you combine the two? another idea is to have your contact info on every page in the bottom, and then have one contact us page with all the info.

personally i dont like forms on sites, i had a form before that wasnt functioning for some reason, i dont know how much business i lost this way, but luckily i found out at last... so trust my email that has been faithful to me for years now better. but thats just me..

other than that i liked everything else! I liked how you worded everything, I could hear your voice- if that makes sense, I liked the gallery on the home page, to draw the attention, I liked how it wasnt too busy.
all in all it is very well done!
Hooray!
Inca
Inca

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2010-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyVickery Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:37 am

I'm trying to figure out how to slow down the begining but haven't got it yet. Hopefully, I will figure it out soon Smile

Ranked lower in like search engines or like user ratings? I have a friend at work that is going to do the primary search engine stuff. . .because I have no clue what to do Smile

I think weebley can do some cool stuff, but for me I didn't know how to do the stuff I wanted so it was easier to have it all done already Smile

I thought the website at the bottom was weird too, but they had it in the example so I thought it was something people did! Ha Ha. . .guess I should go with my own insticts more often! lol
HappyVickery
HappyVickery

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparklyone Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:35 pm

Very nice! On my screen the overall page and font especially comes across quite small and a bit difficult to read...not sure if it's just my computer or not. Love the design and how your personality comes through on the About page. I love you

I recently made a Wix site for my fp biz and also love it! To change the transition speed in your gallery, go to your editing interface (when you sign into wix and can click on your website to edit) and click on the gallery pics. A small box should appear and give you options to edit your gallery. There are fast and slow transitions to choose from there. Smile

Sparklyone

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2011-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyVickery Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:18 pm

Thanks! I think I changed the speed. . .fingers crossed it worked Smile I clicked on something earlier that said it would change based on the users screen . . .it didn't do anything to mine, but said it might be tiny on some screens. I've taken that off again now, so maybe it will work Smile

Thank you so much for your help you guys! I don't know what I would do without all of you Smile
HappyVickery
HappyVickery

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparklyone Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:55 pm

Hmmmm...looks the same and same speed to me over here. Did you click the Publish button? Sorry I only ask because I forgot to do that after saving changes and couldn't figure out why they weren't showing up. cyclops

Sparklyone

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2011-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyVickery Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:57 pm

I did, it looked like it didn't save the size thing. . .I just changed it again and hit publish so maybe it will work this time Smile
HappyVickery
HappyVickery

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down