Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

grimas, used to be my favourite but not anymore

3 posters

Go down

grimas, used to be my favourite but not anymore Empty grimas, used to be my favourite but not anymore

Post by Maaike Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:10 pm

Today I painted at my sons school. I used my own brushes and the paint we used was the paint form the school. And it was Grimas. It didn't mix with any other brand, no blending possible, the black lines were awfull and I was NOT proud of my work.
Such a pity..

At the end, when we were cleaning the place up, we found a big box with beautiful metallics and black. All from Aqua......
Maaike
Maaike

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

grimas, used to be my favourite but not anymore Empty Re: grimas, used to be my favourite but not anymore

Post by helena Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:44 pm

What a shame. I hope you'll have a chance to paint there again so that you can feel happier about your experience at the school.

I've never heard about Aqua - have you tried it?
helena
helena

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2011-04-13

http://fancythatfacepainting.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

grimas, used to be my favourite but not anymore Empty Re: grimas, used to be my favourite but not anymore

Post by nancy! Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:57 pm

Oh Maaike, That's a pity. Many schools have Grimas. I like the pearls for bases and I think it blends well, but I always take my own black, white and purple for lines. And I agree most colours are not vivid. They look 'flat'.

You mean aqua by PartyXplosion? I like that brand for lines. I've heard it comes from the same place as dfx and Wolfe. I'm not sure about that. The metallics are great, also for lines. i don't do bases with it, bc it feels tight. I use the Superstar metallics for bases. they are great.
Pity you didn't notice the Aqua earlier. Not nice when you know you can do better and it doesn't come out. well, next time you start with the Aqua right away.
nancy!
nancy!

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:10 pm

Or were they Kryolan AQUAcolour?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maaike Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:13 am

aqua by partyexplosion.
Is comes in the same containers as DFX and Wolfe.
I took the liberty to throw out some very old paint. You could get a rash just by looking at it. Nobody really cares about the facepaint at school. nobody looks after it. So I dit and next time even more goes to the bin!
Maaike
Maaike

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down