Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about the TAG neon 1-stroke cake

4 posters

Go down

Question about the TAG neon 1-stroke cake Empty Question about the TAG neon 1-stroke cake

Post by Sparklyone Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:19 am

I am wanting to replace an artybrush sized TAG neon split cake I got from another website when I first started, but can't find it anywhere else. I use it with my 3/4 and 1" brushes to create a full-color one-stroke rainbow. Does anyone know what size this one is in the Forum Shop? I don't see any measurements or info etc. and am concerned that it might be too big since it states 30g...not sure if it is just deeper and a better buy or too wide for being able to load all the colors at once.

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com/servlet/the-432/TAG-1-dsh-Stroke-cln--Neon/Detail

Thanks for any help or suggestions! I love you

Sparklyone

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2011-02-25

Back to top Go down

Question about the TAG neon 1-stroke cake Empty Re: Question about the TAG neon 1-stroke cake

Post by Sparklyone Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:01 am

Well I went ahead and ordered it...figured since it was called a one-stroke it was what I was looking for. doh. Laughing

Sparklyone

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2011-02-25

Back to top Go down

Question about the TAG neon 1-stroke cake Empty Re: Question about the TAG neon 1-stroke cake

Post by Fabtastic Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:29 am

I have several of those TAG one-strokes and they are perfect for the 3/4" and 1" brushes. They are deeper and longer than the artybrush cakes, which is wonderful because you can really load the brush easier with a longer stroke, and you get more for your money. You won't be disappointed.

The only thing I don't like about the TAG one is the pink being on the wrong side. I prefer the colour placement of the DFX mini neon, where the pink is next to the orange.

Question about the TAG neon 1-stroke cake NEONQuestion about the TAG neon 1-stroke cake Mini_neon2
Fabtastic
Fabtastic

Number of posts : 639
Registration date : 2010-07-10

http://www.fabtastic.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:19 am

I bought all the tag neons and made my own. It works great!

Question about the TAG neon 1-stroke cake Img_1312

It's been well worth the expense of buying all the colors and making my own.
I made the narrow colors the same width as a 1", just longer and deeper than the one stroke that you can purchase (and the pink is on the correct (( for me )) side).
The wider cakes are perfect in width for use with a sponge.

One thing that I will say about making your own splits using any brand of face paint is that there are some colors/brands that are more difficult than others to cut/use. Some may crumble.
Certainly, they may not be as picture perfect as those made to sell.

For the colors/brands that I had difficulty with, I sprayed with distilled water and molded into shape. If they crumbled, I sprayed, let sit for a while, then used a blade to shape.
As you can see, even with the crumbling issue, the cakes that I made are in good enough order to do any job that I may require of them.

It does take time, but, for me, it was well worth the effort!

Good luck!
kat
kat

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://www.katsfacesandmore.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:22 am

Yes, I love the tag split cakes, they are deeper and longer. I really like that the colors are the way that they are as well... You know with the 'true' rainbow order you have all the dark colors at the end and sometimes it looks too dark on a kid.... just a thought, either way you will love your tag splits
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down