Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Poof Glitter Actually Poof?

+20
Sweet Loretta
camilinhaw
funfacesforu
OctoberMoon
modernmagik
reneec808
Winger1200
Cherylk
WyndyO
Michelle Heffner
cassandra
PrincessMeg
Wildcatfin
LoneWolf
AngieAnders
zanypaint
Metina
kyfaceandbodyart
Painted Dragon
Kristal
24 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Does Poof Glitter Actually Poof? - Page 3 Empty Re: Does Poof Glitter Actually Poof?

Post by Winger1200 Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:40 am

oops, Sorry! posted this on the wrong page......
Winger1200
Winger1200

Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2008-11-15

http://www.SusanLeeBillings,com

Back to top Go down

Does Poof Glitter Actually Poof? - Page 3 Empty Re: Does Poof Glitter Actually Poof?

Post by cassandra Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:33 am

Thanks WyndyO. I'm gonna try it.
cassandra
cassandra

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristal Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:24 pm

I got my glitter!!! 4lbs of glorious, glorious sparklies...now to transfer them to bottles without making it look like a glitter factory exploded in my house!
Kristal
Kristal

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2009-03-10

http://www.faceaballoonza.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WyndyO Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:29 pm

4 lbs.!!!?????? Isn't that glitter for LIFE!!!!???? Wow!!! Kristal you are set! Good luck with the transfer process.
WyndyO
WyndyO

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://www.wowfactorypaint.com

Back to top Go down

Post by reneec808 Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:49 pm

I love my poof glitter.I not only use on my paints..I use it on myself..It really works..What a spray....Last night I used it for a wedding..(I sang at the wedding)..and I poofed glitter on my chest, back and arms....I had lots of compliments..I went to church this morning..still had the glitter......I apply a little lotion first...Love it
reneec808
reneec808

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by reneec808 Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:51 pm

ummm..sorry I thought we were talking about poof glitter...
reneec808
reneec808

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by AngieAnders Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:52 am

No worries, we ARE talking about poof glitter - for the most part anyway! Very Happy
AngieAnders
AngieAnders

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.facesalive.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristal Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:16 am

Haha, as long as it's glitter talk, it belongs here Smile

Wyndy - I KNOW!! I got a pound each of irr white, hot pink, yellow and periwinkle blue from silly farm. Although the periwinkle looks far more purple than blue...and that makes me want to buy the ice blue as well...but while I want it, I think I obviously don't need it...next time Razz
Kristal
Kristal

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2009-03-10

http://www.faceaballoonza.com

Back to top Go down

Post by modernmagik Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:10 pm

I use the shimmers through the brush, and my loose glitters in a 1oz poof....I don't care for the 1/2 oz poofs.....they clog and are harder on the hands.

modernmagik

Number of posts : 587
Registration date : 2009-09-28

http://www.wemakefaces.com/

Back to top Go down

Does Poof Glitter Actually Poof? - Page 3 Empty Does Poofing Glitter Hurt?

Post by OctoberMoon Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:45 pm

[quote="Shannon Fennell"]I don't poof anymore... aside from it hurting (RSI!!) I find using a small screw top pot with a small sponge tipped applicator works really well for me.
I saw where Shannon mentioned this and I HAVE had children "wince" when I've poofed...I thought they were just reacting to the puff of air, but maybe not....I'd try it on my face, but I'm old and tough! Very Happy ...I am seriously considering doing ONLY little pots of glitter myself, and am experimenting with brushes to use...I didn't think I was allergic or affected by anything, but it does seem that I can "feel", in my throat, all that flying glitter in the air...weird sensation...my daughters told me I was going to get "glitter lung"... No Anyone else notice it?
Anne

OctoberMoon

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by modernmagik Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:56 pm

When Shannon said it hurt, she meant it hurts her hands to squeeze the poof bottle, not that the glitter hurts when poofed on.
When children wince a little, it is in response to the little unexpected burst of air. I usually tell them what I am about to do so they expect the slightly odd sensation of the air poofing.

modernmagik

Number of posts : 587
Registration date : 2009-09-28

http://www.wemakefaces.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:01 am

What Lisa said!

I have wrist issues and repetitive strain injuries in my hands... squeezing repeatedly over a period of time is extremely painful.

Back to top Go down

Post by OctoberMoon Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:15 am

Got it! Embarassed I'm tired, that must be it (Duh...great "first impression, huh?)! Yes, I have arthritis and noticed it bothered me some, too. Anyway, due to eating too much glitter in the air, I still think I'm going with pots.... Cool
Anne

OctoberMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by funfacesforu Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:01 am

I'm thinking about the pots also. Sometimes when you poof you get alot of glitter flowing out and sometimes just a little. I don't have good control over the amount that comes out. Many children twitch when I poof glitter on them. I know on myself, if it gets near my nose or near my peripheral vision I see sparkles everywhere I look and its annoying. So if I dab glitter it will be more controlled. Problems I've encountered with dabbing, I've ruined linework because it wasn't dry, need to clean fingers each time you dab, using fingers looks less professional, more time consuming than a quick poof, glitter is concentrated in small fingertip circles.
funfacesforu
funfacesforu

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by funfacesforu Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:05 am

By the way I got the green irredescent glitter on this site and its a beautiful green sparkle. It will look great for christmas designs.
funfacesforu
funfacesforu

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:19 am

As I think I mentioned - I just stick a small eyeshadow applicator into the pot of glitter. Then when I want to add glitter I just pull it out of the pot, hold it over where I want glitter, tap it to make the glitter fall off.... done. No touching the person so it goes back in the pot.

It's neat, tidy and easy.

Back to top Go down

Post by camilinhaw Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:50 pm

I have the poof bottle but I don't poof the glitter it's really messy....I just put the bottle close to the design (not touching the face) and I tap the bottle and that's it! the glitter comes out perfectly....
I like those bottles, you don't have to touch the person or use any brushes.....
camilinhaw
camilinhaw

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by OctoberMoon Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:26 am

I tried Shannon's eye-shadow sponge-applicator method today, and it's great! ~ glitter where you want it and not so much in the air! Now to get more applicators....
Thank you, Shannon! I love you
Anne

OctoberMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Loretta Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:37 am

I hate poof bottles ................. as do some of the folks who paint for me - but some of my bestest pals love them. I anything get one and see if it works for you before spending alot.
Sweet Loretta
Sweet Loretta

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.sweet-loretta.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:36 am

These bottles come from the manufacterer with no hole in them(I found this out when testing them). I used a sewing needle which makes a small hole and not much comes out. Then I took one and used a thumb tack to enlarge the hole and a ton came out. You just have to figure out what works for you.

So for anyone who buys them from me, you may need to enlarge the hold just a bit by taking a needle and inserting it and rotating just a bit until you get it as big as you like. Test before you make it too big.

So if you have one and too much comes out, whoever you bought it from, made the hold too big. If you buy empties to replace the tops, just make sure to ask for ones that have not been punctured so you can make your own.

-Metina
Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jayde Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:35 am

One of the ladies in my jam group hails from the UK and she has this black bulbous syringe type bottle with a metal cap on it for her glitter. It's awesome (though at first glance it looked like something you'd get from an adult store Embarassed and at second glance it looks like a salt shaker). just a gentle squeeze and it mists the glitter effortlessly. I want some of those! For glitter.
Lady Jayde
Lady Jayde

Number of posts : 1844
Registration date : 2009-08-10

http://www.imaginastic-facepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by katyabbott Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:22 pm

ok - sorry for the newbie question - is fairy dust glitter or a something else?

thanks!

katyabbott

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2009-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:43 pm

Usually... glitter has many names, grasshopper. Sort of like weed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jayde Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:38 am

Shannon Fennell wrote:Usually... glitter has many names, grasshopper. Sort of like weed.

Except it has no hallucinagenic qualities...unless you dump it in your eyes... Rolling Eyes

but then, that's more refractory than hallucinagenic...never mind...forget I said anything... Laughing
Lady Jayde
Lady Jayde

Number of posts : 1844
Registration date : 2009-08-10

http://www.imaginastic-facepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:54 pm

And we know that you have tried this... Does Poof Glitter Actually Poof? - Page 3 Icon_eek another one of your messes was it???

And you can't smoke it or snort it either...well, sometimes you get glittery boogers but that is ACCIDENTAL!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next