Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my first two gigs :)

+2
Mandi from Tazzie
GreenPainter
6 posters

Go down

my first two gigs :) Empty my first two gigs :)

Post by GreenPainter Sat May 07, 2011 10:41 pm

So, I thought I'd share with everyone how my first two events went....

My very first day went great! I was a bit nervous, though (shaky hands...). After the first couple of faces, I felt very comfortable with it and my jitters went away. I was able to get in the "zone" with my artwork. Everyone was more than thrilled with their designs, which made me happy. There wasn't a lot of small children there, so it was easier for me to concentrate, and everyone sat pretty still.

For my second event, there was a lot of VERY hyper kids!!! I have such a respect for those of you who have been doing this for a long time. There were kids jumping up and down and leaning on my shoulders trying to peek at my work. There were kids SCREAMING in my ear about what they want to get done and arguing over who's next. And of course, they were all squirmy worms when it came to getting their faces painted. Every time I lifted the brush, I heard "Are you done yet?!" LOL. I don't know how I actually managed get some decent designs on their faces. (Not to mention, it was a windy day and my stuff was blowing around everywhere!)

Even though I had some over-excited children, I had a lot of fun and I think I did a pretty good job! I got a lot of compliments on my work and the some of the parents said they were going to recommend me for parties. YAY! One of the little girls at the party asked me if face painting was going to be my job. At first, I thought this would be like a hobby. Now, I think I might just start my own little side business. Smile
GreenPainter
GreenPainter

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

my first two gigs :) Empty Re: my first two gigs :)

Post by Mandi from Tazzie Sun May 08, 2011 1:05 am

cheers
Mandi from Tazzie
Mandi from Tazzie

Number of posts : 1826
Registration date : 2010-04-03

http://www.mandifacepaintingsupplies.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by freedspirit Sun May 08, 2011 2:48 am

Congratulations Greenpainter....I started my own business this year..but I also earn some cash looking after children during the week... Good luck with your adventures..I wish you all the best..
freedspirit
freedspirit

Number of posts : 884
Registration date : 2011-03-03

http://www.facecreationz.net

Back to top Go down

Post by AngieAnders Sun May 08, 2011 2:40 pm

Congrats on your first two gigs! About the over-excited (and unruly?) kids, don't worry, very few parties turn out that way. It's a true test for a face painter, that's for sure! Rolling Eyes
AngieAnders
AngieAnders

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.facesalive.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddi Sun May 08, 2011 3:05 pm

Welcome,
as I understand you! me going to some birthday parties, but then I always think of the sweet children, who after having the mirror give me a kiss.
Usually children are more vivid than those who choose a complex design, then you can not do well, because they move a lot.but I think the smiles of children and adults after painting is a real satisfaction.
Very Happy
Maddi
Maddi

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Sun May 08, 2011 8:39 pm

cheers
Congrats on the start of a new business! There's tons of info on FPF on how to control the kiddos a bit.
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down