Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Determining Target Markets

Go down

Determining Target Markets Empty Determining Target Markets

Post by Lynnie Mon May 02, 2011 9:52 pm

So I'm about to embark on a postcard campaign, for late summer and autumn events.
I have 3 designs in mind for different audiences so I have an idea where I want them to go.

From here I have to narrow down exactly where to send them out to...how do you determine which markets to hit and where within those markets?

Thank you! Smile
Lynnie
Lynnie

Number of posts : 733
Registration date : 2010-02-09

http://www.artful-body.com

Back to top Go down

Determining Target Markets Empty Re: Determining Target Markets

Post by Guest Mon May 02, 2011 10:53 pm

Decide the types of gigs you want, figure out WHO hires for them, and then make lists... from the phone book, local chamber of commerce directories, local volunteer bureau directories, events lists, etc. of the organizations and companies that might hire you. Then research if there is a contact person or key contact you can personalize the message to on the postcard.

I cover this in detail in my book The Business of Face Painting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnie Mon May 02, 2011 11:28 pm

So effectively, do everything I did for performing. lol
I'm used to doing that with colleges/ent companies and such. Other (smaller) places not so much.
Nice to know it doesn't change much. Smile

Thanks, Shannon.
Lynnie
Lynnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 02, 2011 11:38 pm

Yep, marketing is the same for ANY endeavour. I keep an eye on the local paper too for fair and exhibition board meetings etc. the contact information for the officials is often included so I make notes, and any company that has an organized social club (up here we have lots of BIG oil & gas, forestry and related services) - a high proportion of my repeat business is company Christmas parties, summer picnics, golf tournaments...

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnie Tue May 03, 2011 3:43 pm

I found out one weekend too late that my city is host to the state wide aggro-fair exhibitors conference. I was ready to kick myself. I am def planning to be there next year.
I do go through our local papers all the time, though there isn't much in them anymore. Most everything here is advertised online through radio station community pages. It's a lot of leg- er finger (typing) work so I'm hoping it pays out. I'm more accustomed to full on promo packs over feelers, so I'm looking forward to seeing the outcome of this experiment in this area.

Thanks again so much! I definitely appreciate your feedback a lot!
Lynnie
Lynnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down