Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sanitary painting for swine flu

3 posters

Go down

sanitary painting for swine flu Empty sanitary painting for swine flu

Post by justsaynhey Sun May 03, 2009 7:59 pm

How is everyone changing their ways to ensure a more sanitary way as NOT to possibly pass these germs from child to child. They DO NOT have to show symptoms yet to be contagious! Any suggestions? I have quite a few kids functions coming up with approx 300 per.

justsaynhey

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-09-23

Back to top Go down

sanitary painting for swine flu Empty Re: sanitary painting for swine flu

Post by Wildcatfin Mon May 04, 2009 3:36 am

It shouldn't be any different from your normal painting I would think!

Swine flu is still a flu bug similar to the others- if they have germs they will get to people one way or another and there's not a whole lot extra you can do.

My usual is 1 clean 1/2sponge (or 1 end of 1 1/2 sponge) per face so as not to pass on snot etc. I also won't paint anyone obviously ill.

In HK people getting/with colds/ flu wear face masks - all the newsagents etc sell them - but a Dr mate of mine pointed out they are fair;ly useless as any material fine enough to stop a bacteria/ virus getting through would not be easy to breathe through!

cat x
Wildcatfin
Wildcatfin

Number of posts : 502
Location : Mainly being a fairy face painter at Bewilderwood in UK
Registration date : 2008-12-16

http://www.bodypaintingbycat.com

Back to top Go down

sanitary painting for swine flu Empty sanitary painting for swine flu

Post by justsaynhey Mon May 04, 2009 9:43 am

I have had some people say just to strictly use straight alcohol to rinse brush after it touches a face then put in water for paint. I felt this was a little extreme unless painting in a hospital ward.

justsaynhey

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia Mon May 04, 2009 1:46 pm

and if you don't get all the alcohol off, it can irritate their skin and/or eyes.
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2009 9:02 pm

I wash my brushes between every person, always have. I wipe off excess paint, then swish in compartment #1, then rub over bar of soap (I use Ivory) then back in compartment #1 to work the paint out, then rinse in compartment #2 and then in rinse in compartment #3, then dip and swish violently in container of 70% isopropyl alcohol to saturate, then I place the brush in the holes around the edges of my water tub to air dry completely before I can re-use.

Once the brush is dry the alcohol is gone.

The alternative is to use a commercial brush cleaner/sanitizer but they are too expensive, and, don't work well to get the face paint out - I've experimented with Parian Spirit and it does not remove the paint from the brush (works fantastic for oil based products but NOT water based.) I use the Parian to clean my make-up brushes when doing regular make-up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down