Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mehron Starblend can be use as eyeshadow?

+2
Gr8ful
Zatanna
6 posters

Go down

Mehron Starblend can be use as eyeshadow? Empty Mehron Starblend can be use as eyeshadow?

Post by Zatanna Sun May 01, 2011 11:27 am

Hello I am new in the forum Smile. I love to do cosplay at conventions and since conventions last an entire day I am very interested in theatrical makeup. For my next cosplay I will do a dramatic cat smokey eyes. I have some black eye shadows but they feather and I need some black eyeshadow that doesn't fall. Some people told me that I can use starblends mehron as eyeshadows some people tell me to don't because of the excesive powder. I need your advice.

Also I wanted to know if once you wet the Starblends you can't use it anymore dry so the product should be used with water only once water activated?

Last edited by Zatanna on Sun May 01, 2011 3:13 pm; edited 2 times in total

Zatanna

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-05-01

Back to top Go down

Mehron Starblend can be use as eyeshadow? Empty Re: Mehron Starblend can be use as eyeshadow?

Post by Gr8ful Sun May 01, 2011 11:38 am

What a great question and welcome to FPF. I am new too. Sorry I don't have the answer but I would like to know too so thank you for asking. Very Happy
Gr8ful
Gr8ful

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Mehron Starblend can be use as eyeshadow? Empty Re: Mehron Starblend can be use as eyeshadow?

Post by Zatanna Sun May 01, 2011 11:41 am

Oh no problem thank you ^_^. Smile

Zatanna

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracalla Sun May 01, 2011 9:56 pm

It is true once you wet the starblend's there is no going back. I use them to aid in my face painting desinges as eyeshadow and blushes. I find they are a little powdery, but if applied with the smoothie blender it works just fine.
Tracalla
Tracalla

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2010-06-25

http://drdrumtastickentertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WickedBA Sun May 01, 2011 10:43 pm

I personally think they are to powdery as well. I dont like the coverage and they wear off very quick. But if you are just using them for the eyeshadow and to compliment your other work I am sure it would be fine
WickedBA
WickedBA

Number of posts : 373
Registration date : 2010-10-21

http://WickedBodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 01, 2011 10:53 pm

I find Starblends applied as powder weak. I have used them wet as pancake make-up and they worked great.

Yes, once you wet them you can't go back to dry... unless you scrape off all the product that got wet off the top of the cake but that is a huge waste.

If you want to do a black smokey eye buy a good brand of eyeshadow that has good pigment and staying power. And don't overload your applicator.

Also, to keep the black powder from getting all over your face, apply a lot of translucent face powder to the tops of your cheeks and right under your eyes, apply the black with a short haired brush or smudger, then when you're done brush away all the face powder with a powder brush.

The face powder will "catch" any fallout from the eye shadow and also will really set-up the foundation too which helps stop "creasing" in the wrinkles around the eyes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue@AnyTimeAnyFace Sun May 01, 2011 11:15 pm

I use the pink and purple as eyeshadow. I also use the white & red for spiderman. Tried to do a black spiderman with the starblends this weekend and it looked awful - terrible coverage. I will only use the black for shading or maybe over other paint. They are powdery but I use a dry clean blush brush to clean off fallen powder. The plus about starblends is that it won't sweat off like regular paint will in the heat. Another suggestion for eye shadow would be the Ben Nye Lumiere grande colour palette. Today a little girl wanted the "glamour girl" look and asked for blue so I used the lumiere cosmic blue. It went on a bit dark but I softened it with pearl white shimmer powder. It looked really pretty. Just so happens I emailed Mehron a few days ago to see if they had any plans to make starblends with shimmer in them but they said no. So I will continue to use the lumiere palette. I hope that helps Smile
Sue

Sue@AnyTimeAnyFace

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-09-23

http://www.anytimeanyface.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChangingFaceDesigns Mon May 02, 2011 12:22 am

I have starblends in 9 colors and I enjoy using them. I only use them dry. I like them as an alternative to paint in the heat and humidity. If I want a shimmery look I just apply my lumieres over top.
ChangingFaceDesigns
ChangingFaceDesigns

Number of posts : 1559
Registration date : 2010-04-20

http://www.changingfacedesigns.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down