Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear Michael, Joann, and Hobby - beats the dead horse/storage..... has my first mob

+8
marzack
barbb919
IamGinaW
maggie
anramire2
pjhamel
Noella
kat
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dear Michael, Joann, and Hobby -  beats the dead horse/storage..... has my first mob - Page 2 Empty Re: Dear Michael, Joann, and Hobby - beats the dead horse/storage..... has my first mob

Post by maggie Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:17 am

Kat, I guess I'll have to read you here Smile

Shannon and Noella, do you mean the little palettes? I was wondering the same thing, I got a laptop case and it is soooo big LOL
maggie
maggie

Number of posts : 2677
Registration date : 2010-11-27

http://www.maggieplummerfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Dear Michael, Joann, and Hobby -  beats the dead horse/storage..... has my first mob - Page 2 Empty Re: Dear Michael, Joann, and Hobby - beats the dead horse/storage..... has my first mob

Post by SamFantastico Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:48 am

I worked at JoAnns for about 2.5 years. You can find a really good plastic storage selection in the super stores (the ones with a framing section and a framer) The first two listed are nice but for paper. The clasp isn't that strong and breaks often when hit even slightly against something. Sometimes you think it is closed all the way and then it busts open when you pick it up. Art Bin products are usually really strong but I would avoid going the route of something cheaper.
SamFantastico
SamFantastico

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2011-01-30

https://Www.facebook.com/BroadwayBodyArt

Back to top Go down

Post by Noella Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:55 am

Ok, here's what I found (planning to put Snaz at least in them, might put others if I find I like working out of it):

Dear Michael, Joann, and Hobby -  beats the dead horse/storage..... has my first mob - Page 2 Caseclosed

I put a Snazaroo black 2ml on for size comparison - if I cut off a sliver of each rounded edge, it will fit in each square with the corners empty (to take the sliver bits). It will stack 3-4 of them deep. It fits comfortably in my hand and has solid dividers - and all the edge ones are rounded (I'm going to put Black and White in the center two sections).

If I want, the lid comes off (and goes back on) easily:

Dear Michael, Joann, and Hobby -  beats the dead horse/storage..... has my first mob - Page 2 Caseopen

I might end up having to refill this more frequently than I might like, but since I haven't been carrying Snaz because of packaging/palette issues, I really don't know yet Smile

I love/hate shopping in my "stash" - I'm not completely sure where I got these originally - I think it was Bass Pro though.
Noella
Noella

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:19 pm

I've decided to keep Tag/DFX/paradise in their containers for now.
I can't figure out anything that works for me.

I am going to purchase my first snaz palette tomorrow!
I love the small container, Noella!

thank you,, SamFantastico!!
I'm going to drive (1 1/2 hours away) to Joann's to check out their containers!
I'll remember your recommendations!
kat
kat

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://www.katsfacesandmore.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2