Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

latex allergies and balloon twisting

5 posters

Go down

latex allergies and balloon twisting Empty latex allergies and balloon twisting

Post by Amy Moon Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:41 pm

I have latex sensitivities and my daughter has decided she wants to be a balloon twister. Now they are not severe break you out when you touch something allergies but I cannot wear latex gloves or products without skin irritation.

How careful do I need to be? I have been trying to avoid holding them but I am the one who ends up having to pick up popped balloons or discarded creations cleaning the house and she wants to make me hats and things.

Is this something that builds up or am I safe to assume if it does not irritate me now it is ok?

I understand you are not doctors but I am hoping you have some experience in this area.
Amy Moon
Amy Moon

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2011-01-03

http://www.hennaluna.com

Back to top Go down

latex allergies and balloon twisting Empty Re: latex allergies and balloon twisting

Post by Perry Noia Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:51 pm

from what I have HEARD, it can get worse with extended exposure. I know a few people have trouble breathing because of the powder that is used to keep them from sticking together getting into the air.
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

latex allergies and balloon twisting Empty Re: latex allergies and balloon twisting

Post by AngieAnders Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:03 am

I'm thinking that it does become worse with exposure, though I am certainly no expert. I know of one person who was hospitalized due to coming into contact with a latex bandaid. It wasn't even HER bandaid... she just brushed against it, and it resulted in a serious trip to the ER. So be careful...
AngieAnders
AngieAnders

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.facesalive.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sfhiggins Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:46 am

as an RN I can tell you the more you are exposed the worse the allergy can get. I just watched a FABATV video from James Changefield and he wore non latex gloves the whole video because he is latex sensitive from twisting for so long. I don't have an answer for you as far as how careful you need to be, but prehaps try to contact James Changefield and ask him about his particular situation, or in my honest opinion get an appointment with an allergist

sfhiggins

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by creativefunfaces Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:24 pm

I agree, as I work in a pediatric office, you have to be very cautious. The allergy can get worse. As said above I would contact an allergist. Its not worth getting hurt over. Im sure there is something else you could do in place. Smile
creativefunfaces
creativefunfaces

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2012-01-24

http://creativefunfaces.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down