Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars inspiration..

+2
Tilly - Formerly Punky
markimpesky
6 posters

Go down

Star Wars inspiration.. Empty Star Wars inspiration..

Post by markimpesky Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:31 pm

While navigating the forum for the first time... I accidentally posted this in introductions, Embarassed now I know better! Wink
While I am new to the forum, I intend to make the most of it! Here is my first cry for help! Have you ever had a cherub boy sit down and ask.. "Can you paint me like a young Hans Solo, not a old hans solo, with a light saber in one hand and a (Blah,Blah,Blah) in the other? Or a death star ship with sith lords on one cheek and an X-Wing fighter with a wookie or ackbar? , blah,blah,blah...." Of course HE knows exactly what he talking about, and I am trying to translate... I need to expand my choices for boys, especially Star Wars.... I usually end up painting a space scene with the Star Wars Logo, or ship. Do you have any Star Wars photos to share? Ideas? Thank You!
markimpesky
markimpesky

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-03-09

Back to top Go down

Star Wars inspiration.. Empty Re: Star Wars inspiration..

Post by Tilly - Formerly Punky Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:36 pm

Well... Han Solo didn't use a light saber, his weapon of choice was a blaster... Luke (and any other jedi) used light sabers. Lol, sorry, I'm a major Star Wars fan!

But anyway, I think it's Clayton who has an amazing full face storm trooper that he does that I just FAWN and DROOL over. Haven't tried it myself yet, but I adore it! A Wookie wouldn't be too hard to do. Look up the Wolfe Brother's Werewolf/Wolfman... The first time I saw that design my first thought was "OMIGOSH A WOOKIE!", not "hey look it's a werewolf."

As for a Deathstar, X-Wing Fighter, or light saber, do a google image search and that should help you considerably.

One character from Star Wars that was very helpful for face painters is Darth Maul... this guy:

Star Wars inspiration.. DarthMaul2

This is my first attempt at Darth Maul, so a few of the lines aren't perfectly symettrycal but you get the idea. Shannon does a much better job at painting Darth Maul. You could also do a google search to see what he looks like.

Hope this helps!
Tilly - Formerly Punky
Tilly - Formerly Punky

Number of posts : 1186
Registration date : 2010-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Tash Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:28 pm

Funny Punky that's the only one I've got a picture of too.
Star Wars inspiration.. Face_a31

I have painted Chewbakka... (sp?) and an ewok, and light sabers on cheeks, but usualy they ask for a storm trooper or darth vader and I explain I can't paint a helmet on a face.
I have seen an awesome full face Yoda... can't remember where, I thought I would try it but I don't think any little kid wants to be Yoda do they?
Tash
Tash

Number of posts : 1883
Registration date : 2010-01-04

http://faceartbytash.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by namanda123 Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:27 pm

If I remember right Clayton from Marvelous Masks has a storm trooper youtube video.
namanda123
namanda123

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2010-06-20

http://www.funnyfacesbyamanda.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by trading faces Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:09 pm

Oh, I have a couple of boys that have been begging for Darth Maul. I think I can do it alright, but usually there is our itty bitty 4 year old standing around, and I don't want to scare the bajooobies outta him Smile
trading faces
trading faces

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-02-19

http://www.tradingfaces.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilly - Formerly Punky Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:39 pm

LOL yeah, he's a pretty sinister character, but such great inspiration for face painting!

@Tash: LOL, Ikr? I've been meaning to do up the Wookie (Chewbaca) for so long, but never get around to it! Hmm... I'd think an Ewok would be pretty simple after doing a wookie... just bigger eyes, cute little teddy bear ears and no sharp teeth... what does your ewok look like?
Tilly - Formerly Punky
Tilly - Formerly Punky

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:19 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Star Wars inspiration.. Img_5536

Star Wars inspiration.. Ewok10
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by trading faces Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:56 am

hahahaha. That's great!
trading faces
trading faces

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-02-19

http://www.tradingfaces.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilly - Formerly Punky Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:25 pm

:O An Eewok!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I flippin' love those little guys! I remember the first time I saw one in Star Wars (I was lik 6) I turned to my mom and said "Mommy... I want a baby eewok!" They're so darn cute!
Tilly - Formerly Punky
Tilly - Formerly Punky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down