Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Young Kids, Glitter Tattoos, and Mica Powder

5 posters

Go down

Young Kids, Glitter Tattoos, and Mica Powder Empty Young Kids, Glitter Tattoos, and Mica Powder

Post by Brandi Cameron Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:06 pm

I am thinking about doing glitter tattoos for a local elementary school during their yearly charity event. I hear alot of people say how much teenagers and adults love the glitter tattoos (and there will be plenty of both of those age groups at the event) but I was wondering if you found the tattoos to be popular with the younger kids?
Also, is there a minimum age requirement for you when it comes to glitter tattoos (considering that some kids may have a bad reaction to the adhesive)? With face painting I could do a patch test but I don't think that's possible with adhesive. LOL
For the dads supporting their kids I would like to get some Mica powder - does anyone know a good place to get it? They would have to be able to ship to Canada.
Thank you!
Brandi Cameron
Brandi Cameron

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2011-03-13

Back to top Go down

Young Kids, Glitter Tattoos, and Mica Powder Empty Re: Young Kids, Glitter Tattoos, and Mica Powder

Post by Brandi Cameron Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:14 am

Anyone? bounce bounce bounce (I love these little guys)
Brandi Cameron
Brandi Cameron

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2011-03-13

Back to top Go down

Young Kids, Glitter Tattoos, and Mica Powder Empty Re: Young Kids, Glitter Tattoos, and Mica Powder

Post by Wildcatfin Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:42 am

Shouldn't be any different to facepaint; as long as you are using fda / cosmetically compliant stuff.

Cat x
Wildcatfin
Wildcatfin

Number of posts : 502
Location : Mainly being a fairy face painter at Bewilderwood in UK
Registration date : 2008-12-16

http://www.bodypaintingbycat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Noella Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:33 am

It is possible to patch test the adhesive if you/they are concerned - just swipe a little bit on the inside of the forearm and have them wait 30 mins to be sure they are fine. The main reason I don't tend to patch test for glitter tattoos (vs face paint) is it is a very small section of product on an arm (typically). On the face it is slower to remove and if they are reacting, might cause more problems around the eyes.
Noella
Noella

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by artyfacesbyluz Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:08 pm

I won't worry about the reaction to the glue, silly farm sells a very safe one, I will be worrier about the price, are you getting paid for that or just being a volunteer, because it is no the same, face paint if you already have the paint, you can volunteer once in a while and it is a good add for your business, but the glitter tattoo has a minimum cost of 80 cents, because the cheapest stencil you can get cost 50C + glitter + glue.
artyfacesbyluz
artyfacesbyluz

Number of posts : 956
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.artyfacesbyluz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnie Mon May 02, 2011 1:31 pm

Little kids love the glitter tattoos. We do them all the time and they are always very excited.
I agree with Luz on the safety. We've never done patch tests and have not had issues.
Lynnie
Lynnie

Number of posts : 733
Registration date : 2010-02-09

http://www.artful-body.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down