Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glitter and gems?

3 posters

Go down

Glitter and gems? Empty Glitter and gems?

Post by JBM Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:56 am

After seeing some of Kims pics recently with the glitter and gems I was inspired to give it a go. I used some of my Face paint glitter and some gems with eyelash glue. Lets just say there is room for improvement. I'll post some pics soon when my camera is recharged, basically I seemed to poof it too hard and it took away from the henna by being over glittered - by the end of the day I kinda had it down to less glitter - also figured it was easier to apply gems first as when I applied them so skin that had been cleaned for henna they didn't stick for as long. Does anyone have any tips for doing glitter and gems? or any cool photos. I checked out henna pages already but was keen to know if anyone here did it regularly? I've got a 2 day henna only festival this weekend and I'm looking for something a bit edgier than just henna... Like a Star @ heaven
JBM
JBM

Number of posts : 629
Registration date : 2010-10-18

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Henna-by-Riana/149537191765171?ref

Back to top Go down

Glitter and gems? Empty Re: Glitter and gems?

Post by Mehndi Masala Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:52 am

Wow! OOps! I did not see this here! Well it's too late to help you with those gigs, but really the only thing I do in a festival/party setting is just the glitter. It will stick to the henna and then the access shakes off unless the weather is really hot and the client is sticky. I rarely use any gems during henna application. It's a pain, it rarely stays nicely, and often falls off with the henna and the glitter pretty much has all the impact you need as I often combine at least two colors. I find it's just an extra step that if you already have the glitter you don't need.
Glitter and gems? 3359966447_73cb4d3ab3_z

When I do brides tho I often have a second appointment and do the glitter and glue and temptu bodypaints to highlight the design but I'm alwasy careful to ensure the effect is elegant and not overdone.

Glitter and gems? 4642856607_3e59e64fd3

Glitter and gems? 2702097433_beb2cdc8b2

I know this didn't help you but hopefully this post may help someone else!!
Mehndi Masala
Mehndi Masala

Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2010-12-04

http://www.winnipeghenna.com

Back to top Go down

Post by photomomma6 Wed May 04, 2011 12:58 am

You do such beautiful work with the glitter--do you have any photos or videos of you in the process? How many colors do you have, and how do you apply it?
photomomma6
photomomma6

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2009-08-31

http://www.facelation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down