Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Time Body Painting.

3 posters

Go down

First Time Body Painting. Empty First Time Body Painting.

Post by AshleyMarie727 Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:52 am

So i am recently new to painting, and i absolutly love it. I feel confident enough with cheek art and face painting. But were starting in a new direction with full body painting. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on whats popular, possible techniques, and anything else i should know. I am trying my first one today im excited & a little nervous at the same time. But practice makes perfect right.
AshleyMarie727
AshleyMarie727

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2010-12-14

Back to top Go down

First Time Body Painting. Empty Re: First Time Body Painting.

Post by wmeventservices Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:36 pm

Biggest suggestion is take whatever time you thought it would take and double it just to make sure you have enough time to finish. I would also encourage you to design your piece around things you are already quick and comfortable painting. Say do a lot of one stroke flowers to fill in blank space things that you do with a large pouncer. Also, what brand are you using? It's harder and takes longer to get good coverage from Snaz. My first body painting was done in all Snaz and took over 8 hours. But I also didn't have the forum when I did my first body painting. Also don't forget to relax and have fun. Enjoy your work. You will be at it for a while so there is no need to stress the whole time. If you are comfortable with face painting and confident in your skills than be confident in body painting too. It's just a larger canvas. Also almost forgot, I've seen so many people making the mistake of using their #4 they use for face painting for body painting. Use a larger brush and cover more area with one stroke.
wmeventservices
wmeventservices

Number of posts : 2132
Registration date : 2009-09-03

http://www.Art-Z-Faces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JBax Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:59 pm

snacks
music
lots and lots of time
plan for photography
maybe a space heater for the model (be very aware of her/his comfort)
plan for hair (completes design)
micro-fiber thong
pastie or not to pastie?

I'm only a year into body painting, and I love it! All I can say is, don't be nervous, just jump right in!
JBax
JBax

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2009-08-30

http://www.eyecandyarts.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down