Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Body and Face painting (waterproof paint)

5 posters

Go down

Body and Face painting (waterproof paint) Empty Body and Face painting (waterproof paint)

Post by Haymuff Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:28 pm

Hi, I am new to this site (and bodypainting) so I will start with introducing myself. My name is Paola and I am from Puerto Rico. I love to cosplay and for my next one I am going as Marceline the Vampire Queen from Adventure time which brings me to post this Forum topic. I need to paint my face and body pale gray for this costume and I was googling waterproof paints when I came across this: http://www.ehow.com/how_6817026_make-waterproof-body-paint.html

It's this mix of milk and lime and tempera paint that I can use to make waterproof bodypaint. But I was wondering if it was really that effective, I few days back I made this comment to the article:

" Can this be used with full body painting?For ex. I am going as a vampire to a comic con and I need pale gray for my skin. Can I use this technique with that? I'm going to need to paint my face, arms, back and chest for this so I just wanted to make sure that when I move the paint won't crack."

But got no response. I'd like to know if this can be used for full body painting and if not which body paints would you guys recommend that won't rub off easy or get on my eyes with the sweat. Also how much will I need. I will be painting my arms, chest, back, neck and face for this. Thanks in advance Smile

Haymuff
Haymuff

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-12-08

Back to top Go down

Body and Face painting (waterproof paint) Empty Re: Body and Face painting (waterproof paint)

Post by Criss Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:20 pm

Why do you need it to be waterproof?
Criss
Criss

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Body and Face painting (waterproof paint) Empty Re: Body and Face painting (waterproof paint)

Post by Haymuff Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:20 pm

Criss wrote:Why do you need it to be waterproof?

Well not necessarily waterproof, but some paint that won't get off my skin easily. Like when I sweat or it rubs off with the clothes. Some paint that will last a lot of time without starting to melt or rub off.
Haymuff
Haymuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam I Am Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:30 pm

just use a pale gray face paint an a kabuki brush to apply.
Sam I Am
Sam I Am

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2010-10-02

http://www.butterflysanddragons.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Criss Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:20 pm

From what I understand, the starblend powders are great for moist situations. Other than that, I would recommend, as above, just regular face & body paint. You could even go with a metallic silver, snazaroo, would give you a nice light greyish colour.
Criss
Criss

Back to top Go down

Post by Haymuff Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:45 pm

Thank you :3
Haymuff
Haymuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Criss Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:01 am

Very Happy
Criss
Criss

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehndi Masala Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:10 am

Are there not also facepaing 'fixers' that ensure that it lasts longer? I understand most people wouldn't use it on kids, but I did find some here at a costume shop(dismissed needing any of this stuff) but haven't heard much about anyone really using it other than to say it can dry out a bit causing the paint to have a bit of a cracked effect if memory serves.

I don't know how MUCH you would need, but Temptu (tm) brand paints last for between 1 - 8 days.. (alcohol based paint for temp tats used in theatre and now at some fairs)
Not cheap and may be tricky to apply if you've never played with it before (I can envision this stuff having a bit of a 'streaky' effect if not applied well), but I love the stuff for highlighting my henna after paste removal and have been using if for a couple of years now with no trouble and you don't feel it on the skin at all.

Just a thought, but keep in mind....I am a complete noob and really am still learning..... so you get whatcha pay for! :-)
Mehndi Masala
Mehndi Masala

Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2010-12-04

http://www.winnipeghenna.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Haymuff Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:52 am

Mehndi Masala wrote:Are there not also facepaing 'fixers' that ensure that it lasts longer? I understand most people wouldn't use it on kids, but I did find some here at a costume shop(dismissed needing any of this stuff) but haven't heard much about anyone really using it other than to say it can dry out a bit causing the paint to have a bit of a cracked effect if memory serves.

I don't know how MUCH you would need, but Temptu (tm) brand paints last for between 1 - 8 days.. (alcohol based paint for temp tats used in theatre and now at some fairs)
Not cheap and may be tricky to apply if you've never played with it before (I can envision this stuff having a bit of a 'streaky' effect if not applied well), but I love the stuff for highlighting my henna after paste removal and have been using if for a couple of years now with no trouble and you don't feel it on the skin at all.

Just a thought, but keep in mind....I am a complete noob and really am still learning..... so you get whatcha pay for! :-)

O: Nice!
I've herd that if you apply hairspray after the paint job it helps too. Where can I get this alcohol based paint?
Haymuff
Haymuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:26 am

Use face paints to paint your body(Paradise is a good brand for body painting & they have grey paint). Then spray over your body with Aqua Net Hairspray.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down