Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metallic Hands

4 posters

Go down

Metallic Hands Empty Metallic Hands

Post by contrachapado Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:05 am

I had a gig recently where I was twisting for five hours. Quite a few of the balloons were the Qualatex neons, the ones that look kind of pearlescent. (Is that a word?) Anyhow, when I got done, my hands looked all gray and shiny, like the balloons had deposited that pearly stuff on my hands. Has anyone else had that happen?
contrachapado
contrachapado

Number of posts : 751
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Metallic Hands Empty Re: Metallic Hands

Post by Metina Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:42 pm

I don't have much luck with the metallics and usually abondon them early in the job.

Wish I could figure out how to work with them better!
Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:49 pm

I've only ever had one bag of the neons but i don't remember anything like that. I'm sure it's possible though that some kind of ingredient in there gets into the powder in them and gets all over stuff....
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristal Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:57 pm

The neons are pretty! I don't use them often though - once you twist, if you untwist, you can see powderless lines inside of where the twist was.

After working with balloons, my hands are pretty gross, and the build up of doing a LOT of twisting at one go...I've had my hands turn a kind of almost chalky grey, depending on what colours I've used a lot of, I think - and from all the types, not just the neons.

I just keep wipes with me and de-gunk every so often, haha. Just gotta make sure your hands are dry before starting to twist again Smile
Kristal
Kristal

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2009-03-10

http://www.faceaballoonza.com

Back to top Go down

Post by contrachapado Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:13 am

Hmm, I didn't know your hands would get gray looking from the non-metallic balloons, too. Oh well, I guess it's just one of those things. Wink
contrachapado
contrachapado

Number of posts : 751
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down