Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone tried or actually paint with both hands?

5 posters

Go down

Anyone tried or actually paint with both hands? Empty Anyone tried or actually paint with both hands?

Post by bahacca Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:54 pm

I have issues getting masks and such to look symmetrical, so I was contemplating loading 2 sponges/brushes and trying to do a "mirror" with both hands at once to see if it worked. Has anyone tried this or used this technique? Am I crazy to think this would work?

bahacca

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2013-06-03

Back to top Go down

Anyone tried or actually paint with both hands? Empty Re: Anyone tried or actually paint with both hands?

Post by pjhamel Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:41 pm

It takes some practice to get used to it, but I used to paint with both hands all of the time. Not exactly mirroring the way that you are explaining it, but pretty close. I also know a lot of people who draw that way, so it can be done.
pjhamel
pjhamel

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2010-01-23

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Naples-FL/Naples-Face-Art/15236981

Back to top Go down

Anyone tried or actually paint with both hands? Empty Re: Anyone tried or actually paint with both hands?

Post by Tineke Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:19 am

I've been painting with both hands for around 6 years now.
I decided I wanted to be able to do it, and sat in the couch with very short shorts, and painted teardrops, swirls etc. first with my right hand, and tried to mimic it with my left hand on the left leg.
I spent hours, days, weeks practicing, and now I couldn't paint in any other way really, I'm just so used to being able to use both hands.

Long story short: I use both hands to do spongework and linework without hesitation
Tineke
Tineke

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2012-07-02

http://www.tinekesgrime.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris5115 Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:09 am

For me, I try to do the left side first (since I'm right handed). Then when I go to do the right side, I'm better able to match the left side.
Kris5115
Kris5115

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by eviedejesus Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:41 am

I agree with Kris - much easier to do your weaker side first then match with the dominant side. Using both hands sounds great - Tineke has inspired me to try.....and keep trying....

practice, practice, practice
eviedejesus
eviedejesus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2012-06-08

http://www.fantasyfacedesign.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down