Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Triple Loading Sponges and Paint Care Questions

3 posters

Go down

Triple Loading Sponges and Paint Care Questions Empty Triple Loading Sponges and Paint Care Questions

Post by pixieface Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:20 pm

Hi all!

I just introduced myself and I just got my first set of paints this morning to start practicing (Snaz rainbow palette).

One thing I had a question on right away was the process for triple loading a sponge when you are using single palettes? My instinct says make a curve of the flat end and do middle, then one side, then the other?

And do you re-cover the palette paints with the plastic wrap when not in use?

Thanks in advance!
pixieface
pixieface

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2010-10-15

Back to top Go down

Triple Loading Sponges and Paint Care Questions Empty Re: Triple Loading Sponges and Paint Care Questions

Post by Sam I Am Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:08 am

Welcome.

Most of us "cheat" and use split cakes, there wonderful and there's loads of info about them on the forum, how to make them, where to get pre-made ones and what to do with them. I let my paints dry overnight and then just put the plastic lid back on, letting them dry overnight stops bacteria growing.

Hope that helps some.

Sam xx

Sam I Am
Sam I Am

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2010-10-02

http://www.butterflysanddragons.com

Back to top Go down

Triple Loading Sponges and Paint Care Questions Empty Re: Triple Loading Sponges and Paint Care Questions

Post by JBax Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:12 am

Your instincts are exactly right on triple loading sponges. Depending on the design, I sometimes use the curved side so I can better control each color when applying it.

Some just leave the lids off, espec when they put the paints in organizers. As long as they get to dry out, I think they are okay.
JBax
JBax

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2009-08-30

http://www.eyecandyarts.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pixieface Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:41 am

Thanks for the responses!

I put the plastic back on last night - and they didn't dry of course, so that didn't feel right somehow this morning. It's good to know that I'm supposed to let them dry out before storing.

And using the curved side of the sponge - that 's a great idea!

I'm definitely going to get a split or even rainbow cake on my next "purchase" to try. It looks amazing what you can do with them.
pixieface
pixieface

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2010-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down