Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is a model release form needed?

3 posters

Go down

Is a model release form needed? Empty Is a model release form needed?

Post by By These Hands Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:12 pm

Is it necessary to get a model release form signed for a picture that you use on your postcards/business cards? I was under the impression that once you ask someone if you can take a picture, it becomes your property. I was making sure to ask before I took pictures but as I am making my postcards, I'm questioning if I should just wait until I get forms signed. This means I have to wait longer for cards and people are constantly asking me for a card. Better safe than sorry I guess. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!!!!!
By These Hands
By These Hands

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Back to top Go down

Is a model release form needed? Empty Re: Is a model release form needed?

Post by contrachapado Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:24 pm

I'd get the form signed just to be on the safe side. Otherwise if someone gets upset about it, it's just your word against theirs that they gave you permission. Some parents might not like the idea of their child's picture being circulated in the mail.
contrachapado
contrachapado

Number of posts : 751
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:25 pm

I always have them... particularly if I plan to use them in print. It just makes everything nice and neat.

Parents can say sure, take the photo. But then, when you are driving around in your car with the kid's face plastered on it, or start sending out postcards they can come back and bite you claiming that you owe them something. It happens.

I remember that Marcela Murad posted not long ago on another forum about how she had painted a woman to use in the new Illusion book, and when the woman's husband found out it was the cover photo they wanted compensation - she didn't have signed release so ended up doing the painting on another model WITH a signed release.

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:08 pm

What Shannon said(I say that a lot, huh?) Very Happy

It would really stink to pay all that money for a form of advertising & have a parent get all flustered & say you can't use it. My form says photo will be used on website, face paint sites & publications, my face book page & on advertising materials. I will never publish the name, age or location of any child & will crop out any identifying info(name tags, school t-shirts, etc).
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down