Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolfe palette vs. DFX palette

+2
Psalmbook
CaliGurl
6 posters

Go down

Wolfe palette vs. DFX palette Empty Wolfe palette vs. DFX palette

Post by CaliGurl Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:44 pm

Hi, I'm new to the community (and face painting), and am about to place a couple orders. One through Metina and the other through Silly Farm (things I can't get here--some stencils and stuff). I'm ordering supplies for an elementary school fundraiser, and was wondering which palette to order. The Wolfe palette is $30 (Silly Farm) and the DFX palette is $50 (FPFS).

I realize that the DFX palette has more paint, but can anyone tell me how the paints differ. Is one better than the other? I'm considering Wolfe because it's cheaper, but will consider DFX if it's the better paint to work with.

I'm welcoming any other suggestions of products you might think I'll need.

Thanks in advance!

CaliGurl

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-08-29

Back to top Go down

Wolfe palette vs. DFX palette Empty Re: Wolfe palette vs. DFX palette

Post by Psalmbook Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:11 pm

In my opinion it's the exact same paint. Some people thing that wolfe white & black work a little better than dfx white & black. They are made in the same factory.
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by BluAngL83 Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:06 pm

Well other than the difference of DFX having D. Green and Wolfe having Grey instead, DFX has more paint (10 grams) than Wolfe (.20 ouces)

1 grams = 0.0352739619 ounces
1 ounces = 28.3495231 grams

To convert ounces into grams, multiply ounces by 0.0353. To convert grams into ounces, multiply grams by 28.3

More paint Smile is always better!
BluAngL83
BluAngL83

Number of posts : 851
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.heavenlyfacedesigns.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BluAngL83 Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:07 pm

Then again add a few more $$ and get the bigger 32 gms
BluAngL83
BluAngL83

Number of posts : 851
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.heavenlyfacedesigns.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CaliGurl Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:46 pm

I thought I posted here yesterday, but I guess I never hit "send."

Thank you for your replies. I just placed an order here at FPFS for the DFX palette. I wish I could order the 32g of each color but it's for a fundraiser for the school, and they want to recoup as much money as possible.

I ended up purchasing the DFX palette, Mini Party, Mini Pixie, DFX Rainbow Cake, Snaz Dotter Wand, 45g DFX White, 32g DFX Black, and 32g DFX Gold. I'm picking up some sponges locally at a hobby shop, and going to place an order at SF for a handful of stencils--for quick faces. Is there anything else you'd recommend? I'm trying to get the basics for as least as possible.

CaliGurl

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:01 pm

what kind of stencils? I don't know about other people's opinions but to me face painting + stencils doesnt work out too well.
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by CottonKandyClown Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Stencils are fine for painting on the arms or back or shoulders. I'm horrible at using them on the face, but you may do fine Smile

I think I'm liking the DFX white better then the Wolfe white.
CottonKandyClown
CottonKandyClown

Number of posts : 1109
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by jumpers4you Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:28 pm

I know this thread is old, but wanted to share.

We just had a workshop with Nick and Brian Wolfe. Did ya'll know they are no longer affiliated with Wolfe Bros, the company that produces the paint/supplies? I thought that was interesting, as I am pretty loyal to brands and this totally changed my mind about the company...bad blood.

According to them, DFX, Tag and Wolfe and all the other companies where the paint is in the same containers (looneybin.com.au is another) are all made in the same plant and are the same exact paints. Each company just sticks their logos on them and there ya go.

http://www.evilfirelizard.com/products/items.asp?categoryId=16 - they sell select Wolfe paints for less. You can't get every color or size, but it's a pretty good discount. If you are only buying one or two containers in the smaller sizes, Metina's shop is cheaper with shipping (or free shipping), but if you're going to buy a lot or buy the 90 gram pots, they only charge $7.50 shipping regardless of how much you order, so you save quite a bit. They don't always stock everything so if you want it fast, Metina is prolly the best bet as well =).

RE: Stencils - I use the pink stencils from Silly Farm and do pretty well with most of them. The smaller they are, the easier it is, but I still have a hard time with using them on the face. However, after a little outline and some glitter or details, it looks fine and is still faster than what I can freehand some of them.
jumpers4you
jumpers4you

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2009-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down