Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home-made website---Critique--Be gentle

5 posters

Go down

Home-made website---Critique--Be gentle Empty Home-made website---Critique--Be gentle

Post by rcvaughan Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:02 pm

I recently created my website using Webs.com....Please critique....Thanks. I know the photos are not the best quality. I don't know why...they look fine on the CD and the actual photographs are clear, but when I upload them, some look blurry on the site. How do you all get your pics so clear?

http://www.happyfacesbytudi.webs.com
rcvaughan
rcvaughan

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-05-25

http://www.happyfacesbytudi.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Home-made website---Critique--Be gentle Empty Re: Home-made website---Critique--Be gentle

Post by BluAngL83 Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:13 pm

Hmmm either you put how many you do can do an hour or how long they take, but when you put them both up the time doesnt add up:
Full Faces: 5-7 minutes per design; 10-15 per hour
If 5min/design then max is 12, min 8 or so
Masks: 4-6 minutes per design; 20-25 per hour
4min design= 15/hr; 6 min=10.
Cheek Art: 1-3 minutes per design; 25-30 per hour
should be 30-60
Glitter Tattoos: 2-4 minutes per tattoo; 20-25 per hour

the full faces and masks time/pp doesnt add up..
BluAngL83
BluAngL83

Number of posts : 851
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.heavenlyfacedesigns.com

Back to top Go down

Home-made website---Critique--Be gentle Empty Re: Home-made website---Critique--Be gentle

Post by Perry Noia Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:33 pm

I wouldn't even break it down so much... I would just put an average of 15 to 20 per hour depending on the size of designs... keep it simple. In general, I would try to simplify and point form as much text as possible.

I find the header of your template to be very large... it isn't a photo of yours, just a rainbow "thing" and I have to scroll down to see ANY of your actual content. It's hard with templates, but I'd try to find something shorter or that allows a photo in it to maximize visual impact. I'm not familiar with all the templates on webs because I do my own html and upload it.
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:07 am

Please except these helpful hints as a way to help improve your site:-)

I like the site, but agree w/ Perry. Your header is too big & has no "Wow" to it w/a picture to capture attention. Can you put a picture in there somewhere?

There are no FDA Approved Paints as the FDA is for products being eaten. Cosmetics can not be FDA approved. They can however follow all FDA guidelines.

"Where would I need a facepainter?" I would split the words "face" & "painter".

On the pics on your 1st page(where the skeleton is): you want to have some boy & some girl designs right away. This will draw the clients in & not exclude one gender. You designs look great, but say "boy" to me.

On the About Me page: I think there's a typo in how many years you've been painting. I'm not sure what it says.

The rates page is a bit confusing. Have a set hourly rate regardless of how many kids you paint.

I have a disclaimer at the top of my pricing page that says something like this "I can paint 15-20 kids an hour depending on the complexity of the design. This is a very fast & reasonable pace while still maintaining a good quality. It also allows time for the child to transition in & out of the chair. If you have a high volume event you may need to pay for additional hours."

I then have pricing for just face painting, face painting/balloon twisting package, face painting/glitter tattoo package, etc. Each package is an hourly rate w/ a minimum of 2 hours(you can peek at my website to see it).

I'd remove the part about "the mood of the painter." This may translate to the client that you are moody Very Happy

Sorry so wordy, but I hope it helps!
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by contrachapado Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:52 pm

Maybe it's just me, but the orange text on the first page bothers my eyes. Too bright, maybe?

The font on the "About Us" page is a little hard to read. Maybe something that's not as fancy and italic looking. Under the heading "My promise to you:" there's an "o" in front of "myself."

I like that the background is muted. It's easy on the eyes, without all sorts of competing colors.

contrachapado
contrachapado

Number of posts : 751
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down