Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need website critique please

2 posters

Go down

Need website critique please Empty Need website critique please

Post by flopsietheclown Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:31 pm

I would really appreciate some advice with my website. I want to edit the text and add photos. What is the best way to display photos? Should I add a paypal link? What do you think about linking to other sites? How do I spruce up the templates? How do you toot your own horn without sounding pretentious? I would love any suggestions. Thanks!
www.classicclown.com
flopsietheclown
flopsietheclown

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2010-11-10

http://www.ClassicClown.com

Back to top Go down

Need website critique please Empty Re: Need website critique please

Post by AngieAnders Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:07 pm

Good job on the website Flopsie! It's colorful without being distracting. Easy to navigate. Here are some suggestions:

In the facepainting tab (and About Us tab), you might try breaking the text up into several paragraphs for easier reading.

I think it would be neat to play up your clown identities, perhaps with an "introduction" for each clown. I think that would help visitors to the site feel like they know you.

I would add a contact form or address link in the "rates" section so that people can click directly from there to ask you for a quote.

A gallery of course, which you said you were planning to do. You could have a big gallery with all of your clown and painting work in it, or separate galleries for each thing you do. Either way, our galleries are what really sell us to potential customers.

This is just a personal preference, but I think the site is finished enough to remove the "construction" notice on the main page. I think construction notices are a bit counter-productive. They let people know why the site isn't complete yet, but they also indicate that the business itself may not be complete. Websites are constantly changing and evolving. I think if you have at least the main page done with an intro and contact info, then you have the essentials and the rest is just icing. Smile
AngieAnders
AngieAnders

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.facesalive.com

Back to top Go down

Post by flopsietheclown Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:00 pm

Thanks so much Angie. That's just what I wanted to hear.
flopsietheclown
flopsietheclown

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2010-11-10

http://www.ClassicClown.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down