Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you answer the phone?

5 posters

Go down

How do you answer the phone? Empty How do you answer the phone?

Post by Metina Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:51 am

I am sure everyone gets this. The first think out of a customers mouth is "how much do you charge?" They are fixated on price and unless you a speil all prepared, you most likely answer the question, they are scared away by the amount and then that is that.

One of my goals this year is to have a speil ready about how I am insured, professionally trained, use only FDA compliant face paint, a new sponge for each child ect... before I quote my price.

I was just wondering what wonderful verbiage you all use along these lines that I might adapt for my own use.

I will gladly share my speil once it is complete.

THANKS!

P.S. DON'T FORGET TO VOTE FOR THE CHALLENGE! LAST DAY!
Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

How do you answer the phone? Empty Re: How do you answer the phone?

Post by Guest Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:28 pm

Well, I have to admit to not having a dedicated line so the phone is just answered "Hello"... I know, I know... not terribly business like, but, it works. As I am not full-time the cost of having a dedicated line was deemed unnecessary. My voice mail message is business oriented, and my mom is trained on taking messages!! Laughing

And "How much?" is not the first thing I get asked... Am I available for the date is what I get asked - I often am not.

I use a form to record my calls - a "telephone inquiry" form that has all the informatin I need and I have a rate sheet that has all my rates/services to refer to just to keep things straight! (Detailed information about what I do and the forms I use are on my Design & Templates CD Volume 2)

I don't get into the speil too much - I don't have to do the hard sell and there isn't any reason to. They either are going to book me, or, I refer them to the clowns (many are looking for more than just face painting). As I don't have any real direct competition doing what I do, they are not "shopping" around - they either are fine with my rate or aren't. There aren't any other options if they want face painting, really.

For email inquiries I do have a format that I use that covers the insurance, products, etc. but I keep it brief.

Thanks for your inquiry about my face painting services.

For a birthday party group of 20-25 I have two options: My Birthday Party Rate or Medium Group Rate.

Birthday Parties and groups of up to 15:

Flat rate of $XXX.00, plus mileage if over 50 km round trip.
An additional $10/per person will be charged for each person over 15.

This includes approximately two (2) hours (excluding set-up time) of face painting and/or temporary transfer tattoos for those who don’t want their faces painted, and small favours for birthday parties.

Medium Sized Groups (16-30):

$XXX.00 first hour; $XX.00 second hour; $XX an hour from then on.
Plus mileage if over 50 km round trip.

This is for face painting or transfer tattoos for those who don't wish to be painted only.

When painting at Birthday Parties I like to take my time to make the design special for the kids. Full face designs typically take 4-7 minutes to complete depending upon the complexity and detail.

I am fully insured and only use approved cosmetic products that are tested and meant for use on the face/skin. Clean sponges and brushes are used for each person and I follow strict hygiene practises. I am also certified as an Advanced Face Painter by FACE, The Face Painting Assocation.

Please book your dates at least a month in advance; my schedule is very full and openings fill up quickly.

If that's of any use, let me know! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heather Timmons Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:59 pm

I'm using my cell phone for my business line. I just say hello. If I'm busy, they get a message: 'You have reached The Cat's Meow/Heather, I'm busy, please leave your name and number' type message on the voicemail.

I have done several volunteer events and all the calls I have gotten so far already know they REALLY want me. They just ask me how much to write the check for and hope I'm free. I'm usually free, as I am not trying too hard to book lots of appointments while the boys are little; babysitting is somewhat of an issue right now.

It's enough business to keep me entertained and to buy paints to play with. Sorry, you probably want more info for folks actually doing 'gigs' ALOT more often! Very Happy I can't afford a dedicated business line atm and so I am just using what I have already available to me.

I hope to start getting more events this spring when it is warm and I can maybe set up an outside kiosk at the TONS of events our little town seems to hold. I'm still in the beginning stages of business growing and trying to finish up some other obligations before I go 'all out' with advertising and all that.

I would LOVE to get a booth at our local Renaissance Festival; it is 8 weekends during the summer and REALLY good money. However my hubby would probably blow a gasket watching the boys EVERY weekend! Plus I would want to do the booth with Kathy and she works weekends. Sad So maybe in a year or two!
Heather Timmons
Heather Timmons

Number of posts : 786
Registration date : 2008-09-28

http://www.catsmeowinfo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OC FUN Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:34 pm

I use my cell phone but all personal calls already know its me when I answer OC Fun Party Rentals.
I answer the following way:
ring, ring
OC FUN party rentals this Arely how may I help you.
Yes, Im calling to see how much you charge for balloon twisting
May I ask the location of the party and when it will be?
Its in Orange on January 15th
Perfect we do service your location and your in luck, we still have that date available.
May I ask how many children will be attending.
There will be about 15
How Fun!, For 15 children you will need about xhrs amount of hours, I charge x.xx for the first hour and any additional hr is x.xx
Is your party going to be themed to anything particular?
Well my daughter will be dressed up as cinderella
Thats great. Im sure I can come up with a special balloon design I will bring to her as a gift.
oh, thats great
Seems like everything is set, We do require a deposit that you can make via our website for twenty dollars to reserve the date either via credit card or paypal. Once I receive the deposit I can send you a confirmation via email. Let me give you the website address
Oh, I have it already
Excellent, Will you be making the deposit today, so that I can keep an eye out for it.
I'll do that right now, and your name again is?
Arely, A-r-e-l-y.
Thank You Arely
My pleasure, Have a great day.

(dont give them a chance to think or react, keep talking, make sure they know their child will be treated extra special, and remember they are always ready to book even if they dont know it).

BTW, I actually booked this party this morning.
OC FUN
OC FUN

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2008-11-25

http://www.ocfunrentals.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kyfaceandbodyart Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:50 pm

so if your are in an area (where there is more than one face painter) what do you do if they say, I am just checking prices?
kyfaceandbodyart
kyfaceandbodyart

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by OC FUN Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:27 pm

I am in a area where there is more than one balloon twister and bounce house rentals and face painters. You will get calls that will interupt you and state they will call you back or something. But when I first started I quickly learned if you just spit out a price you are less likely to get the booking, I have way less people now not complete the booking I guess because they feel once they have given you all this information and made a bond with you, why go someplace else? This technique was taught to me from someone in the moonwalk forum and I appreciate it because at that point I was one month into my business getting at minimum three calls a day with no rentals, after they taught me that technique I actually started booking. My last five calls I have gotten I have used that technique and I only lost one. Im sure there are other techniques out there but this is the one that works best for me.

Last edited by OC FUN on Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:30 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : more typos)
OC FUN
OC FUN

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:15 pm

Arely,

This is exactly what I meant. And with face painters, we should be able to throw a statement in there about being insured, using only one sponge per child, FDA face paints.

May I use what you have provided and tailor it for face painting? Thanks!
Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OC FUN Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:11 am

Of course! Thats what we are here for; to share and help each other out.
Glad I could contribute.
OC FUN
OC FUN

Back to top Go down

Post by Heather Timmons Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:52 pm

Arley,

Thank you! That is awesome! I love it. Firm guidance but not pushy at all. Very Happy Wonderful! Thank you for sharing! Very Happy Very Happy
Heather Timmons
Heather Timmons

Number of posts : 786
Registration date : 2008-09-28

http://www.catsmeowinfo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:23 pm

Great script!!

I'm more a written presentation type... Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by allparties Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:43 pm

That does sound good. I hope you don't mind if I tailor for me to use as well?

Such great info on this site!!
allparties
allparties

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2008-10-08

http://www.alwaysaparty.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down