Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My New Paints are Here, My New Paints are Here!

+7
facefantasy
JBax
CottonKandyClown
chicneek
Sam
michellesfantasyfaces
fluttersby
11 posters

Go down

My New Paints are Here, My New Paints are Here! Empty My New Paints are Here, My New Paints are Here!

Post by fluttersby Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:57 pm

Can you tell I am excited? Thank you, Metina!! I am a new customer and ordered Friday and go them today (Tuesday). I am so impressed. Now I need to get practicing, and no excuse not to. I hope I ordered well for a newbie. This is what I got:

Paradise 8 color basic
Paradise 8 color pastel
Paradise 8 color tropical
Snaz 8 color basic
Snaz 8 color sparkle
DFX essential black
DFX essential white
DFX metallix white
DFX neon blending cake

I want to try both Paradise and Snaz. They are small, but hopefully I can make a few splits with some duplicates (?) maybe that is jumping in too quick, but I wanted to try.
fluttersby
fluttersby

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

My New Paints are Here, My New Paints are Here! Empty Re: My New Paints are Here, My New Paints are Here!

Post by michellesfantasyfaces Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:17 pm

have fun with it!
michellesfantasyfaces
michellesfantasyfaces

Number of posts : 3190
Registration date : 2010-02-18

http://www.fantasyfaces.nl

Back to top Go down

My New Paints are Here, My New Paints are Here! Empty Re: My New Paints are Here, My New Paints are Here!

Post by Sam Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:23 pm

Wow! So excited for you, hope you can find some willing faces! Have fun!!
Sam
Sam

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2010-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by fluttersby Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:28 pm

Now I am sitting here looking at all this stuff that I have been waiting for and I can't think of a thing to do with them!! I had all kinds of ideas before I got them and now that I have them, I don't know where to begin. I've been pouring over these boards and youtube videos and getting ideas and they all flew away with the arrival of my paints. I guess I'll just get them out and start doodling.
fluttersby
fluttersby

Back to top Go down

Post by chicneek Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:10 pm

Great kit to start with. Very close to what I carry in a purse when I'm just going to a family function or on a trip and don't know if I'll get a chance to play with family members and friends. I love the sturdiness of the paradise palettes and the mirrors. I pack them in my carry on when I fly just in case i want to doodle. You've got a great start, have fun! You'll do many, many faces with all that and find some of the colours you really love to work with in a variety of brands!
chicneek
chicneek

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2009-07-24

http://danicafaceart.homestead.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CottonKandyClown Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:53 pm

Sounds like a great start!

Painters block! LOL I just had that this evening while I was practicing on my kids. I totally forgot half of what I was going to practice until after they got finished taking showers Razz I'll have to wait till tomorrow now! LOL
CottonKandyClown
CottonKandyClown

Number of posts : 1109
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by JBax Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:28 pm

Choked in the open canvas! affraid No worries, it happens to us all. Pick a butterfly or a kitty. Something you can play with blending and lines.
JBax
JBax

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2009-08-30

http://www.eyecandyarts.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fluttersby Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:35 pm

I actually went and opened them. I was just painting each color on my arm to see the flow and how they looked. I used to do toll painting, (long years ago, lol) and for that we just went from the pattern to the wood through graphite and then it was like a coloring book, then putting in lines, shading, and highlights. I see that some people do the outlines first. No one is here to paint so I need a bigger mirror!!
fluttersby
fluttersby

Back to top Go down

Post by facefantasy Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:37 pm

Love when I get new paint! Enjoy, play.........and have lots of fun!
facefantasy
facefantasy

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2010-06-28

http://facefantasyfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:12 pm

How exciting. Make sure to post some pics soon! We'd love to see them!

I love the Paradise Pallets & travel w/ at least one(just in case...).
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilmoonflower Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:14 am

looks like you got everything you need to start! have fun! Very Happy
aprilmoonflower
aprilmoonflower

Number of posts : 713
Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:32 am

FYI, when I read your title for this post I smiled Very Happy
New paints make me happy!
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by PatB Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:39 am

There's nothing better than the smell of a brand new set of paints Exclamation
Unless it's a new box of crayons. Smile
PatB
PatB

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by fluttersby Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:56 am

About the title of my post, I was (strangely) reminded of Steve Martin, in the movie "The Jerk" when the new phone books came in and he was so excited, "The new phone book's here, the new phone book's here." It is an oldie but a goodie and when the new phone books come out, someone in our house always says it.
fluttersby
fluttersby

Back to top Go down

Post by facefantasy Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:52 pm

LOL that is too funny.....I remember that movie!!!
facefantasy
facefantasy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilly - Formerly Punky Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:07 am

fluttersby wrote:Now I am sitting here looking at all this stuff that I have been waiting for and I can't think of a thing to do with them!! I had all kinds of ideas before I got them and now that I have them, I don't know where to begin. I've been pouring over these boards and youtube videos and getting ideas and they all flew away with the arrival of my paints. I guess I'll just get them out and start doodling.

Haha! Don't you hate it when that happens? That happened to me the first time I bought a split cake. It was at a convention and I just took it back up to my room and looked at it for a while... I had no idea what to do with it! Luckily there was a jam that night and I figured out a couple things to use it for to start off with. Wink
Tilly - Formerly Punky
Tilly - Formerly Punky

Number of posts : 1186
Registration date : 2010-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by facefantasy Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:13 am

such fun........love new paints!
facefantasy
facefantasy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down