Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Big Event....what to charge?!?!

5 posters

Go down

First Big Event....what to charge?!?! Empty First Big Event....what to charge?!?!

Post by sugarface Mon May 31, 2010 8:18 pm

I am doing my first very big event at the Snowflake Pioneer days festival and am going to charge per face. I'm thinking $8 for full face $5 for up to half a face and $3 for a small cheek/eye design? does that seem fair? could I go higher? should I still put out a tip jar? I feel like I put out quality work and that I'm worth a good price but I'm not sure what that is in a freaky small town full of very cheap people. I'm paying $75 to have my ten by ten tent for two days. and I have a freaking adorable set-up with super cute high' stools, fancy mirrors, and I have handmade tutus, magic wands and hair accessories for sale as well. but my focus is really the painting.
sugarface
sugarface

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-05-09

Back to top Go down

First Big Event....what to charge?!?! Empty Re: First Big Event....what to charge?!?!

Post by Perry Noia Mon May 31, 2010 11:32 pm

That sounds alright (although, I'd personally drop the $3 price tag and charge $5 for those designs too). I generally do $5 and $8 or $5 and $10. I wouldn't put out a tip jar besides... if they want to give you extra because they are happy, they will when they pay you or they'll hand it to you. You don't want anyone saying that they put the money in your tip jar already when you ask for payments.
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

First Big Event....what to charge?!?! Empty Re: First Big Event....what to charge?!?!

Post by sugarface Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:20 pm

Ok good idea I think I will drop the $3 dollar one....I also just decided to add tinsel and crystal hair extensions. they just take a minute and they last up to six months. I think I'm going to charge $10 for those.
sugarface
sugarface

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:41 pm

Sounds good. If there's a lot of people have someone to manage the $ and items you have for sale. This way you can just focus on services rendered(hair, face, etc). You'll loose a lot of time if you have to stop painting to collect $, or sell a tutu. It's worth paying someone, even a teen to do these things.
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:19 pm

What are crystal hair extensions?

Back to top Go down

Post by modernmagik Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:18 pm

Also remember that if you are selling products at your booth, you will have to collect sales tax for those items and turn it end to the festival people at the end. Many face and body artists who used to sell "extras" at their booths stopped for this very reason.
Also, ditto on dropping the $3 price.

modernmagik

Number of posts : 587
Registration date : 2009-09-28

http://www.wemakefaces.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarface Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:41 pm

Crystal hair extensions are cool...the are little individual hair extensions with swarovski crystals glued through them....they are gorgeous!
sugarface
sugarface

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:36 pm

Where do you get them from? Sounds cool.

I agree with Perry. Her and I just finished a 3 day festival and we charged $5 for a half face and $10 for a full face. The half face can her a unicorn with flowers and some leaves.
OR what Perry calls a fancy eyes. Some colour over the eye with swirls and whirls with glitter. Super fast...and the girls love it.
I did a TON of half face butterflies this weekend. Save time, get a round split cake. The one I have is from Silly Farm. It has white, yellow, orange, pink and purple. I cut a cheap car sponge (feels like a Snaz) sponge in an oval shape. Spray you cake, swipe the sponge and dab on butterfly wing. Top and bottom wing, a def strokes and forn the outline, a small body, head and antenna....glitter. Done.! 2 minutes...if that.
The girls loved this.

Back to top Go down

Post by grinmpt Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:38 pm

I just worked the Flea Market this weekend (& everyone is looking for a deal there!!). I charged $5/cheek or one eye design, $8/crown or 2 eye design, $10 full face. $8 was my average. A lot of ppl said the price was very fair. Just be confident in your work & your pricing. If you start low now, you'll never be able to make back your booth pricing, costs, etc. Doing a 3-day festival next weekend, so I'm looking forward to doing even better! Good luck!

grinmpt

Number of posts : 75

http://www.gawipaint.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down