Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

End of the line

+2
jlirie
jmrickel81
6 posters

Go down

End of the line Empty End of the line

Post by jmrickel81 Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:28 pm

I have my first ppf gig in a week and a half. I've been making a check list of sorts going through all of the posts here. I'm looking for different ideas on how to left people know that I'm wrapping up & where the line ends. I'm thinking of creating a cute, laminated sign and putting it on a ruler (or paint stirrer) saying "I'm the the last person in line," and having a kid hold it.

Do you think that this would work?

I figured it would be quick to get up & hand to the last kid asking them to flash it at newcomers versus painting hands or putting stickers on hands.

jmrickel81

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2017-07-31

Back to top Go down

End of the line Empty Re: End of the line

Post by jlirie Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:42 am

until someone drops it, wanders away with it, bends it, breaks it, hits their brother with it, throws it at their friend, steals it.. sorry to be a wet blanket..
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris5115 Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:08 am

I would recommend a sign that indicates when you will be done painting. And a reminder tone on your phone for 60 minutes, 20 minutes, and 10 minutes before the end time. When you hear the reminder tone announce to the line that you will be done painting at x:xx. Let them know about how many more you think you will be able to paint in that time.

For example, at 4:00 announce "Hi everyone, I just wanted to remind you that I will be done painting at 5:00. I should be about to paint about 18 more faces in the next hour."

At 4:40 announce "Hi everyone, I just wanted to remind you that I will be done painting at 5:00. I should be able to paint about 6 or 7 more faces in the next half an hour."

At 4:50 announce "Hi everyone, I just wanted to remind you that I will be done painting at 5:00. I should be able to paint about 3 more faces and then I will need to be finished at 5:00."

At 5:00, finish the face you are painting (and I would also paint any remaining family members). And then announce "I'm sorry that I am not available to paint any more today. I hope to see you at a future event. Here's my card if you want to schedule your own event, then you will be certain to get painted!"

Everyone in line (unless they arrived in the last 10 minutes) has heard your announcement and could count to see if it was likely that they would get painted. It is clear that you are only painting until a specific time and they could choose to wait and hope to be painted or leave if they were too far back in the line.
Kris5115
Kris5115

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by jmrickel81 Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:43 pm

jlirie wrote:until someone drops it, wanders away with it, bends it,  breaks it, hits their brother with it, throws it at their friend, steals it.. sorry to be a wet blanket..

I didn't think about that part at all! Thanks for the feedback!

jmrickel81

Back to top Go down

Post by jmrickel81 Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:56 pm

Kris5115 wrote:I would recommend a sign that indicates when you will be done painting. And a reminder tone on your phone for 60 minutes, 20 minutes, and 10 minutes before the end time. When you hear the reminder tone announce to the line that you will be done painting at x:xx. Let them know about how many more you think you will be able to paint in that time.

For example, at 4:00 announce "Hi everyone, I just wanted to remind you that I will be done painting at 5:00. I should be about to paint about 18 more faces in the next hour."

At 4:40 announce "Hi everyone, I just wanted to remind you that I will be done painting at 5:00. I should be able to paint about 6 or 7 more faces in the next half an hour."

At 4:50 announce "Hi everyone, I just wanted to remind you that I will be done painting at 5:00. I should be able to paint about 3 more faces and then I will need to be finished at 5:00."

At 5:00, finish the face you are painting (and I would also paint any remaining family members). And then announce "I'm sorry that I am not available to paint any more  today. I hope to see you at a future event. Here's my card if you want to schedule your own event, then you will be certain to get painted!"

Everyone in line (unless they arrived in the last 10 minutes) has heard your announcement and could count to see if it was likely that they would get painted. It is clear that you are only painting until a specific time and they could choose to wait and hope to be painted or leave if they were too far back in the line.

I think that this might be my best bet. I think I saw a sign that announced such on Pinterest. I'll go look for it and use it in conjunction with making announcements. Thanks for your feedback and suggestions!

jmrickel81

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:25 pm

I do not usually have a problem ending my line in a PPF situation. I do not mind staying later because I am being paid for each face.
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Affordable Face Magic Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:45 pm

YUP: it's the free face paining that's the problem. I set my phone for 1 HR before closing, take my white paint & brush & start at the end of line, painting 1, 2, 3, & so on, on their hands. I usually have 17 or 18 in line. I give the last in line a yellow vest from Ikea that says SORRY, LINE CLOSED, in magic marker.
My husband is 6'2" & has been my line manager. He still has rude people arguing w/him. I tell the last customer w/the vest not to worry. Any problem is mine to deal with! (or management if they"re around!)
Affordable Face Magic
Affordable Face Magic

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.affordablefacemagic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by artyfacesbyluz Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:55 pm

It is always a nightmare to close the line on free events, last time I asked the patron that hired me to get a volunteer to stay in line telling the people is closed, it worked perfect she knew if I had to stay late she will have to pay extra, usually I give numbers out but is always some one waiting there for 2 hours that didn't get a number.
artyfacesbyluz
artyfacesbyluz

Number of posts : 956
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.artyfacesbyluz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down