Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please give your opinion on my banner

+2
jlirie
Snazzy12
6 posters

Go down

Please give your opinion on my banner Empty Please give your opinion on my banner

Post by Snazzy12 Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:50 pm

Hello Everyone,

This is my first banner design.   It was easy to design, but I am not sure if it would be better to put real FP pictures on it, maybe a tiger and butterfly.  I paint mostly for kids.  All suggestions are appreciated.

http://www.vistaprint.com/studio/review.aspx?ag=True&alt_doc_id=CKLN8-L3A66-3J3

Thanks very much,

Snazzy12

Last edited by Snazzy12 on Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:33 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : adding a picture)

Snazzy12

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2015-10-20

Back to top Go down

Please give your opinion on my banner Empty Re: Please give your opinion on my banner

Post by jlirie Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:22 pm

there's only one link and it goes to the vista sign in page, no image.
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Please give your opinion on my banner Empty Re: Please give your opinion on my banner

Post by Snazzy12 Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:37 pm

sorry about that, the banner image shows up now..it might take a second...thanks!

Snazzy12

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:08 pm

Nope, doesn't pull up. Say you have to sign in. Thinking it has to be your info only. You could maybe copy & paste?
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleMonsters Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:49 pm

What size is the banner? It seems a little bland IMO. I don't feel like it's an eye catcher nor does it showcase any of your work and there seems to be too much empty space.

I recently designed one (not trying to compare my design to yours) but I had a hard time squeezing everything into the space!
LittleMonsters
LittleMonsters

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2014-08-30

http://littlemonstersfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris5115 Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:45 pm

I like it and think it's easy to read. If you feel like your work is changing/improving quickly I think it's a good idea to use the cartoon face painted kids. But if you have a few designs that you have painted and have good pictures, I would recommend using them.
Kris5115
Kris5115

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Snazzy12 Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:03 pm

Thank you everyone.

I wanted large text so it can been seen by boaters on the bay that come to the boat rental docks. I think I will add 2 of my pictures. ..the popular tiger and butterfly since it is a little plain. You guys are always so helpful.

Snazzy

Snazzy12

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest-Fairy Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:22 pm

Agreed with LittleMonsters, very bland, not eye catching, too much empty space.

I'm not a fan of the color scheme, or the italicized letters. The letters are too plain as well. It's good they are in an easy to read font, but I'd like to see some embossing, indent, outline, or shadow to them. Something to make them pop more.

Also the balance is off. While face painting at the top is centered the rest is too the left. While this can be done using space or photos to even out the balance it's not been done correctly here.

I hate to be so negative about it honestly, but I'd rather tell the truth because I know it will help more in the end.

Hmmm I would start from scratch, completely overhaul the design.

I always stand by rainbows to alert near by people that this is a fun kids tent Very Happy as explained here in my blog on this topic. Link

Here's a quick mockup redesign I made in 10 min on photoshop as an example of what I mean.

Please give your opinion on my banner Snazzy%20Example-wm1_zpsdqqacnym

Centered, Balanced, colorful, inviting. I added embossing effects and outlining to the text as well. The background is a custom rainbow blend I made with a custom star brush on top at low opacity to give interest to the background with out being too cluttered.

Never underestimate the value of graphic design services if you don't have the skills yourself. *wink* 

If you are going to blow money on a banner, you might as well make it look REALLY good and be something you can keep using for YEARS to come.

This is why my banner doesn't have photos, phone numbers or website, to me personally it clutters up my message with info they can find on my business card. Also I never know if any of those things will change later. You hope not, but you never know. Also I find my own work is ever changing, getting better and evolving. I can't sit with photos on my banner because to me, by the time it's printed, i can do that design better, and i would forever be staring at my banner going "dang, that's my 'old stuff'".

Your banner can be seen by the public as a signifier of your quality... don't half as$ it. :/
Forest-Fairy
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Snazzy12 Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:01 pm

I appreciate all the suggestions. Thank you Forest Fairy for making the banner. It is great.

Snazzy12

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest-Fairy Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:14 pm

no probs, let me know if you want the version with out the watermark. Wink
Forest-Fairy
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down