Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

chameleon, whats your opinion of it?

4 posters

Go down

chameleon, whats your opinion of it? Empty chameleon, whats your opinion of it?

Post by ninaschau Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:35 pm

Hi again,
just when I thought I had my favorite all picked out, I realize I haven't tried chameleon yet, so whats your opinion of it?
Nina
ninaschau
ninaschau

Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2012-08-03

http://www.fantasyfacebyNina,com

Back to top Go down

chameleon, whats your opinion of it? Empty Re: chameleon, whats your opinion of it?

Post by aholly Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:00 pm

I've just tried a few (robins egg, wicked green, marshmellow) and I find the cosistency to be great - similar to TAG and Wolfe. perfect for making homemade splits. The blue and green colours stain pretty badly on me and my family, but i know this can be a skin type thing. The colours - i love, Vibrant and rich but also very opaque, almost like there is an extra bit of white pigment in there? I haven't tried the metals but hear they are good too.
aholly
aholly

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-07-08

https://www.facebook.com/StarletsFacepainting

Back to top Go down

chameleon, whats your opinion of it? Empty Re: chameleon, whats your opinion of it?

Post by martha Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:47 pm

I've tried Robin's egg, Marshmellow pink, Banana yellow, Orange juice, Blood red (nice, deep red), Wicked green, Oscar gold, and Steampunk. I agree totally with aholly and will add that the metallics are nice as well. Glad I got them.
martha
martha

Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by ninaschau Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:47 pm

thanks, Aholly, I am definetely going to have to order some, but first I have to get a new case, bigger , so I can buy more paints to fit in
ninaschau
ninaschau

Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2012-08-03

http://www.fantasyfacebyNina,com

Back to top Go down

Post by eva Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:14 pm

Is it worth the price difference if it's really similar to tag, which is so reasonable in price?
eva
eva

Number of posts : 1108
Registration date : 2008-12-13

http://www.cincinnatifacepainters.com

Back to top Go down

Post by aholly Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:51 pm

It's totally up to you, Some people find that the some colours in TAG don't suit their needs - Eg; the lime green as opposed to the wicked green which is a beautiful apple green. For me it was a choice for the colours I wanted in my kit Smile
aholly
aholly

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-07-08

https://www.facebook.com/StarletsFacepainting

Back to top Go down

Post by martha Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:08 pm

aholly wrote:It's totally up to you, Some people find that the some colours in TAG don't suit their needs - Eg; the lime green as opposed to the wicked green which is a beautiful apple green. For me it was a choice for the colours I wanted in my kit Smile

Ditto...plus it is nice to know what brands you find comparable to others in case you need something and it is out of stock in a particular brand.
martha
martha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:43 pm

I tried some of the metallics - gold, copper, bronze. They went on nice, the colour was great... but after several hours it started to lift off in large flakes. Not happy with that. The Kryolan metallics and interferenz I was also using stayed in place and didn't crack or lift.

It doesn't show in the photos thank goodness, but looked bad in person.

Back to top Go down

Post by martha Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:58 pm

Wow Shannon, haven't had that happen but will be on the alert.
martha
martha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down