Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for non-staining blue and green

3 posters

Go down

Looking for non-staining blue and green Empty Looking for non-staining blue and green

Post by Orkimaru Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:27 pm

SO I have been using DFX paint for my first 'semi-pro' kit (just a small palette that is mostly used up) and the dark green and blue stain like MAD Shocked
To the point I won't use them on kids for fear that some angry parents will come back to me with a little smurf or monster.

Do you know any wax-based green and blue (and teal, that would be awesome !) that won't stain that much ?

Orkimaru
Orkimaru

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2015-10-18

Back to top Go down

Looking for non-staining blue and green Empty Re: Looking for non-staining blue and green

Post by jlirie Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:33 pm

there's no such thing, lol!  welcome to face painting Very Happy

all the good brands have saturated pigments, and blues and greens are notoriously prone to staining.  global is reportedly less of a problem.

you can paint another color, such as gold, as a barrier, then paint blue or green over it.  i use gold under red, too.  

gold is skin toned, so it won't lighten the colors very much. don't use white, it will make the colors streaky or pastel.

here are links to previous threads about different brands and staining -

http://www.facepaintforum.com/t16949-teal-stain-test-results?highlight=stain‎

http://www.facepaintforum.com/t4461-which-brands-stain-don-t-stain?highlight=stain
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Looking for non-staining blue and green Empty Re: Looking for non-staining blue and green

Post by Orkimaru Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:48 pm

Yeah I was fearing that the colors were the problems lol. Unfortunately it's quite hard for me to find global color here.
I'll try to layer some stuff underneath, you're right, thank you for the info Very Happy
Orkimaru
Orkimaru

Back to top Go down

Post by PaintedWingsandWishes Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:27 pm

Kryvaline creamy barely if ever stains whenever I use it. Plus their blue Physoline (can't spell the damn word) is aweeesooooome!
PaintedWingsandWishes
PaintedWingsandWishes

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2014-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:44 am

thanks, paintedwingsandwishes, that progress, isn't it Smile
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Orkimaru Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:45 pm

Thank you very much Smile

I just bought some cameleon, no green or blue, but so far none of the paint I got has stained my face too much
Orkimaru
Orkimaru

Back to top Go down

Post by PaintedWingsandWishes Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:49 am

Can't go too terribly wrong with a newly designed formula product hahaha Very Happy I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't see it live with LisaYoung. Now Superstar....we are having issues with the rose gold. Drool worthy color but stains like no other! I'd still keep using it, it's gorgeous!!!
PaintedWingsandWishes
PaintedWingsandWishes

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2014-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down