Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tips for belly painting

5 posters

Go down

Tips for belly painting Empty Tips for belly painting

Post by sarahkvotta Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:02 pm

So I had a friend agree to get her belly painted so I have something to include in my portfolio of services. I'm heading to her place and probably will just have her lay on the couch. I heard it's smart to sketch it out while she's standing and then have her lay down so it doesn't get too distorted. She's done her nursery in elephant theme so we'll likely do something with elephants and the babys name.
What tips do you have for first timers? I saw a video that a lady had tucked paper towels in the clothes around the belly to protect them from the paint. Anything you can share is helpful!!
Thanks Smile
sarahkvotta
sarahkvotta

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2015-04-15

http://sarahkvotta.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Tips for belly painting Empty Re: Tips for belly painting

Post by Forest-Fairy Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:49 am

sketch it out while standing for sure. I painting my first on the couch... man that was REALLY bad on my back. Now i have a big low chair they can recline in.

Also a good idea to do a pencil sketch or mini painting of your design to map it all out. Winging it can be hard most of all if the client has something in mind.

finally be prepared for the baby to kick your brush while doing fine line work. They seem fine with the base and anything big, but so far EVERY single one i have done has felt the smaller brushes and have reacted in only what can be described as "being tickled" i kid you not. It's mainly at the end when i get into the fine details. Doing a tiny butter fly and all of a sudden a little arm pokes up and punches right where i'm trying to paint lol! So be ready for that. :p
Forest-Fairy
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by artyfacesbyluz Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:02 pm

1. If you can premade a kind of stencil, will help a lot, usually you can print in letter size and if the belly is so big you can close the design around.
2. Yes you sketch with a brush with white paint when the mom is standing.
3. I have found is better for my back if the mom sits in a regular chair and I sit on a stool in front, my face will be in front of her belly, I have been able to paint 17 bellies in 3 hours and my back didn't hurt. Tips for belly painting ><a href=
Tips for belly painting 11880312" />
Tips for belly painting <a href=Tips for belly painting 11892215" />Tips for belly painting 11934910
artyfacesbyluz
artyfacesbyluz

Number of posts : 956
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.artyfacesbyluz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarLandArt Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:56 pm

Awesome idea and thanks for the tips I learn so much on this forum!!

SugarLandArt

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2016-08-10

http://sugarlandart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna1245 Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:47 am

it is so beautiful and cute

Joanna1245

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2017-01-10

Back to top Go down