Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tips for Belly Painting at an event?

+8
thouartbeautiful
Creabella
michellesfantasyfaces
artyfacesbyluz
PrairiePainter
rthling
beevee
Gretchen
12 posters

Go down

Tips for Belly Painting at an event? Empty Tips for Belly Painting at an event?

Post by Gretchen Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:43 pm

I have done several belly paintings in my own home, but next month is the first time I've been asked to do belly paintings for a large event...a "community baby shower." I am suuuuuuper excited and have put together a good menu full of designs that I think are quick enough to do in 10 minutes or less so I can get in as many moms as possible. I've also purchased an XL zero gravity chair for the moms, and a mechanic's bench on wheels for me to sit on. I also took advantage of another VistaPrint deal and got a cute Belly painting banner. They are paying me by the hour to be there so I don't have to deal with any cash. I was just curious if anyone else has done bellies in high volume like this before, and if so, do you have any tips or tricks that helped you? I know it's going to be a totally different experience than the past when I've spent an hour on one belly in my living room! ;-) I'm curious if moms will be self conscious in a public event too. But of course I'll hand out flyers and business cards too in hopes of getting more private belly painting gigs. Thanks in advance for any advice!
Gretchen
Gretchen

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Tips for Belly Painting at an event? Empty Re: Tips for Belly Painting at an event?

Post by beevee Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:36 am

What a fantastic idea! I've never done a belly that was under an hour but some of the most effective ones I have seen have been simple. I wish I had some clever advise for you but by the sounds youll be great! I am looking forward to seeing the photos! Very Happy
beevee
beevee

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2012-04-22

http://www.bbfacepaint.com

Back to top Go down

Tips for Belly Painting at an event? Empty UPDATE: Belly Painting at the "Community Baby Shower!"

Post by Gretchen Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:19 pm

Hey everyone, thought I'd post an update since today was my belly painting gig! It went really well...the whole event got pretty slow in the last couple hours so I didn't do as many as I could have. But, here are a few that I did! These all took between 5 and 15 minutes.

Tips for Belly Painting at an event? Beach_10

Tips for Belly Painting at an event? Footpr10

Tips for Belly Painting at an event? Waterm10

Tips for Belly Painting at an event? Tropic10

Tips for Belly Painting at an event? Stork_10

The client was so thoughtful to set me up in a room right next to a sink, and to put up privacy screens for the moms! (screens were great for hanging my banner!) They also gave me a table that I put a tablecloth on, which worked great as a place for the moms to sign up for a time slot and flip through my book of design ideas. Here are a few pics of the setup...

Tips for Belly Painting at an event? Setup_10

Tips for Belly Painting at an event? Setup_11

Tips for Belly Painting at an event? Setup_12

In the same room with me they had a "sympathy belly" for the dads to try on to see what it feels like to be pregnant, and another woman doing prenatal massage. It was a really fun event and all free to the moms! I so hope I get to do it again next year...this was their first year but they are already talking about doing it again!
Gretchen
Gretchen

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Tips for Belly Painting at an event? Empty Re: Tips for Belly Painting at an event?

Post by rthling Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:44 pm

That sounds like an awesome gig! You rocked it! Congrats!
rthling
rthling

Number of posts : 1830
Registration date : 2010-10-05

http://www.fancyfacesbydiane.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PrairiePainter Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:02 pm

Thanks for sharing! What a success!
PrairiePainter
PrairiePainter

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2013-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by artyfacesbyluz Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:43 am

Really nice, thank you for sharing.
artyfacesbyluz
artyfacesbyluz

Number of posts : 956
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.artyfacesbyluz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by artyfacesbyluz Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:55 pm

I want to share my first collective baby shower and give a BIG thanks to Gretchen, I read your full blog and it really helped me. I even reproduce one of  your designs when a mom asked for a stark I was so happy to have your pic in my inspiration folder, special thanks for the "welcome to the world" and the "cracked egg" artists.
I did 17 bellies in 4 hours I couldn't believe I had a line for belly painting!! What I learned:
1: sketch the design while the mom is standing, specially big bellies.
2: worked better for me when mom is sitting in a regular chair and I sit in a stool in front the belly  that way you don't have to knee, bent or turn around, make sure your stool is the right size and comfortable.
3: Having stencils ready to help drawing the hardest designs will speed up the process, I made bows, wings, dolphins etc, that helps to place the design in the right place.
4: Clip art is fabulous for belly designs.
Tips for Belly Painting at an event? <a href=Tips for Belly Painting at an event? Mybell10" />
artyfacesbyluz
artyfacesbyluz

Number of posts : 956
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.artyfacesbyluz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by michellesfantasyfaces Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:20 pm

those look great, ladies!
michellesfantasyfaces
michellesfantasyfaces

Number of posts : 3190
Registration date : 2010-02-18

http://www.fantasyfaces.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Creabella Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:38 pm

what a fantastic idea, such an event! Glad to hear it went well!
Pictures look great too!

Creabella
Creabella

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2012-11-02

https://www.creabellafaceart.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by thouartbeautiful Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:55 am

Wow! I'm so inspired I might have to go get a beach ball to practice Smile
thouartbeautiful
thouartbeautiful

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2013-09-21

http://www.thouartbeautiful.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Creabella Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:49 pm

thouartbeautiful wrote:Wow! I'm so inspired I might have to go get a beach ball to practice Smile
Very Happy lol! 
Creabella
Creabella

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2012-11-02

https://www.creabellafaceart.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kal Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:20 am

Tips for Belly Painting at an event? Waterm10

There is a foot coming out of this watermelon  Shocked 

So inspiring! I can't wait to try belly painting. Thank You for sharing!
Kal
Kal

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2014-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Lollipop_Painting Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:23 pm

These came out beautiful, I cannot wait to get my first!

Thank you for sharing!  Surprised 
Lollipop_Painting
Lollipop_Painting

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2014-08-04

http://www.lollipoppainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by itty12 Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:55 am

Wow! Thank you all for posting your pics and tips!
I am going to paint my Grand-Daughter's Belly this week! Baby due Oct. 7th, I hope we see a foot like the watermelon pic! How awesome was that!
I love the idea of a Community Shower! Have to check out my area. Thanks I love you
itty12
itty12

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2014-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by soperfect paint Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:28 am

It looks just awesome.I like the concept and idea.Just wonderful.

soperfect paint

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2015-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down